Iphone 6
BOOSCOW1

Received a replace iPhone 6 and it won't stay connected to our wifi, have reset settings, put in wifi password several times but it continues to not connect or lose connection after walking 10 ft from router.  All other phones in the house have no problems.  This also happened with my previous phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your replacement phone isn't staying connected to wifi BOOSCOW. I can understand how frustrating this is because your phone uses more data than normal when not connected to wifi. Thanks for trying those trouble-shooting steps. Is the software up to date on the phone http://vz.to/1KWr1LD .

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6
stef7
Master - Level 2

1). Reboot Router. Power down, and power back up the phone. If that doesn't work:

2). Forget the network. Add it back. If that doesn't work,

3). Attempt to connect to the router with a static IP address. If that doesn't work,

4). Reset your Network settings

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

5). Maybe reset your device completely via iTunes, after making sure your important content is backed up.

It might help if you know someone with an Android. Have them download WiFi Analyzer. Look at the WiFi routers in your immediate area. Move your WiFi channel to one that isn't crowded. Yours should have the highest peak by far in your home. If it's on a channel with a few other routers, change it.