I've never been prompted for a password to access the voicemail on my iPhone. How do I find out if I even have a password?
AutoLink

I've never been prompted for a password to access the voicemail on my iPhone. How do I find out if I even have a password?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I've never been prompted for a password to access the voicemail on my iPhone. How do I find out if I even have a password?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So many passwords can be so hard to remember. When you set up your voicemail you had the option to be prompted for a password. You can dial *611 and reset your password in our automated system.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I've never been prompted for a password to access the voicemail on my iPhone. How do I find out if I even have a password?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are required to have a password/code for voicemail even if you don't regular use it to access the voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AutoLink

I don't want a voicemail password, I just keep seeing references to it and don't remember having one.

Thanks to all for the replies.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you ever need to access your voicemail from a different different phone (or if you call your voicemail from your own phone using *86) you will need to know your password/code. If you enter it too many times incorrectly your voicemail will lock for a while. You can change your password via the My Verizon App without actually knowing the current one. It's best you have it just in case. When my mom lost her iPhone the only way she could access her voicemails until she got a new device was by calling it and using the passcode. She had gone 4 years or so without ever having to use it and assuming it would never happen...and well....it did lol. Just something to consider

0 Likes
AutoLink

Thanks, kaebfly.

0 Likes