How to totally unlock iphone 6? No contract from Verizon.
jojoh

I pre-ordered an Iphone 6. I payed the full retail price with no contract (month to month). I know that you don't lock devices. I have read and researched. But, I am traveling outside USA and I would like to purchase a sim card in the country where I am travelling to and be able to use it with my iphone 6.(Since I don't know how long I am going to there. Do I have to unlock it or it's already unlocked, if i have to, how do I unlock it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to totally unlock iphone 6? No contract from Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jojoh,

No worries there! The phone is already unlocked so you can pop that SIM in when you get there and you'll be good to go.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jojoh,

No worries there! The phone is already unlocked so you can pop that SIM in when you get there and you'll be good to go.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cclui

u mean even though that overseas SIM card is using GSM network, the unlocked verizon CDMA phone still work? Thanks

0 Likes
Nikonos

What if i pop in a TMobil or ATT sim, will i be able to use any of these cards in the US?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not possible for local carriers in the USA.

However I have read some people state that the Sim is accepted as a limited use device on AT&T or T-Mobile due to it being GSM.

Pop one in and try it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
lodina95035

How about iphone XR, how to I unlock . I need to change SIM card outside the country.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lodina95035, our goal is to make sure you are always able to use the device of your choice. However, we do have a device unlocking policy for all new devices. The device has to be on our network for 60 days after the purchase date before it is unlocked. Check out the link below for more details about our unlocking policy. Does this help?

http://spr.ly/66031ulkJ

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Would this apply to phones that were purchased or activated before the effective date of the unlocking policy change?

0 Likes