How do I make wi-fi calls from Ireland to the U.S?
JanGOL99

How do I use wifi calling in Ireland to call USA? Does one dial the same number. Do I turn off data and voice roaming first. Do you put own airplane mode on iPhone 6? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Making wifi calls from ireland to USA...do Question. ? Do you just get on wifi and dial usual US number when in Ireland to use wifi calling? Must you be on airplane mode or just turn wifi on? thanks
Weth
Legend

Put the phone in airplane mode Ned then turn on only wifi.  You will see VZW wifi in the connection status area. Now use the phone just as if you are in the USA.  Call to Ireland would be international long distance and need country code.  Call to US would be dialed just lik you are sitting at home.  People call and text you just like you were at home. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Making wifi calls from ireland to USA...do Question. ? Do you just get on wifi and dial usual US number when in Ireland to use wifi calling? Must you be on airplane mode or just turn wifi on? thanks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your upcoming trip to Ireland sounds amazing JanGOL99. For directions on how to activate Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone click, http://vz.to/1Yfgv7x

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Put the phone in airplane mode Ned then turn on only wifi.  You will see VZW wifi in the connection status area. Now use the phone just as if you are in the USA.  Call to Ireland would be international long distance and need country code.  Call to US would be dialed just lik you are sitting at home.  People call and text you just like you were at home. 

0 Likes
JanGOL99

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes