How do I disable calling and data while traveling?
SMLGerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Visiting Caribbean on cruise ship. Don't want an International plan. Only want to use WiFi to check email. How can I make sure I don't accidentally incur voice/data roaming charges.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disable calling and data while traveling.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a fantastic vacation, SMLGerry. I also understand not wanting to incur charges while traveling. You can turn Airplane Mode ON. You can also turn OFF Cellular Data and make sure Roaming is also OFF.

Settings> Cellular Data- OFF

Roaming> Voice- OFF > International CDMA- OFF

In case you do need to use for an emergency, here are plan options: http://bit.ly/ULTQnm

Have a wonderful and safe trip!

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

Re: How to disable calling and data while traveling.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a fantastic vacation, SMLGerry. I also understand not wanting to incur charges while traveling. You can turn Airplane Mode ON. You can also turn OFF Cellular Data and make sure Roaming is also OFF.

Settings> Cellular Data- OFF

Roaming> Voice- OFF > International CDMA- OFF

In case you do need to use for an emergency, here are plan options: http://bit.ly/ULTQnm

Have a wonderful and safe trip!

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Re: How do I disable calling and data while traveling?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes