How can I turn off "Find My iPhone" on a dead phone?
SSAUNDERS
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son's phone is beyond dead. The agent at my local Verizon store hooked it up to his system and tried to revive it with no success. Thankfully, I have the device protection plan and was able to get a new phone the next day. I have returned the old phone and am getting daily text messages that the phone will be returned to me in 5 days if I do not turn off "Find My iPhone". When I log in to iCloud (using instructions found at Find My iPhone: Remove your device) to turn the find iPhone off, it asks for the two step verification code, which I assume is being sent to the old phone, which Verizon has, and is DEAD. There is NO way for me to turn the phone off while not having a working phone. What can I do in this situation? I certainly don't want Verizon to return this old phone for me not be able to turn off the "Find My iPhone" feature when I can't do it from my desktop. Please help!?!?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I turn off "Find My iPhone" on a dead phone?
rcschnoor
Legend

It would be better to ask this question of Apple, not Verizon. Find My iPhone is an Apple service. They would have better information.

0 Likes
SSAUNDERS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your unhelpful response. I do realize that Find My iPhone is an Apple service and have followed the instructions that are on the Apple website. I wanted an answer from VERIZON on how to handle this situation.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If your device will not power on at all, I would not worry about turning off find my iPhone. You should be all set.

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SSAUNDERS we want to help you with this. If your old device needs to be returned to us or the insurance company you will need to turn off find my iPhone. Not to worry, this is easy to do. Please follow the instructions under "If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone, you can remove your iOS device or Mac by turning it off and removing it from the Find My iPhone app" http://spr.ly/65848qeNw.

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes