Hotspot not connecting
jblyx002

I used to connect my PC to my phone using hotspot a lot. Now, I can't seem to get it to connect. I'm doing hotspot through WiFi. It will show on my computer then I'll hit CONNECT. The phone screen will turn blue at the top as if it is connecting, but will immediately turn off. This happens on several computers and Xbox One. Using IOS 12.1.2

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot not connecting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jblyx002, I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with your hotspot capabilities on your iPhone. I am here to help. Let's start with some clarification. You mentioned using, Wi-Fi, to make sure settings are correct, do you have Wi-Fi turned on in your phone settings? Are there any recent application or software updates or downloads that coincide with when this problem started? Are you having any problems connecting with data through regular phone usage?  

Melissa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jblyx002

Yes, I have WiFi turned on. This has been a problem for quite some time. I’ve actually called about this before. It never got resolved so I figured nobody cared. My thoughts were that it has something to do with still using an iPhone 6. Has Verizon put some type of block on older phones? Data on phone works fine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel forced to upgrade, Jblyx002. Have you tried power cycling both devices, and attempting to reconnect? Do you receive any sort of error message?

MatthewI_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures that others can benefit from our conversation. Thank you, in advance, for your help with this!!

0 Likes