Free call filter
Tms001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot find the free version of Verizon call filter in my App Store 

Labels (1)
Re: Free call filter
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a feature to manage incoming calls is certaintly important. Here is a link with further information on how to obtain the free verison of Call Filter: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/.

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
swoozieb

We have 2 phones and 1 has the paid version of Call Filter. We signed up for the free call filter on the other line and it shows in our account but we can't find the app. From the App Store the free call filter app there says the phone SJ7 is not compatible. Now what do we do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@swoozieb ,

Call Filter is an excellent way to manage unwanted callers, and it's great to see that you've been making use of it. Not all phones are compatible with the free Spam Protection app yet, so please check back with the Play Store for updates to make your model work with it. 

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
Cchu
Enthusiast - Level 2

The compatibility guide says my Samsung Galaxy s7 is compatible with call filter but the app store disagrees.   

0 Likes
Elf044
Enthusiast - Level 1

The free version is not available on Google Play yet.  Per the FAQ, "Please note that an updated version of the Call Filter app (9.4.0 on Android or 2.1.1 on iOS) is required for the full free and premium feature set, and will begin rolling out over the next few weeks."

Guess I'll check back again next week.

0 Likes
trythisname
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has really dropped the ball rolling out this product.  First, they fail to provide for free many feattures that other providers provide at no charge, then they are late rolling out the product.   I use them for my personal phone, but would not use them for anything business critical.  Yes, they all terrible, but Verizon seems to do it on purpose.  I spoke with customer service and was told "we try to direct callers to the automated services because of high call volumes".  This really means "we don't want to hire enought agents to take the volume of calls and we don't give a dang if you have to wait 20 minutes when you call."