Failed calls, missed calls, texts not delivered
mclark100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in the New Hampshire seacoast area. A couple of months ago, my wife and I both started to have problems with calls and texts in our home. We both have iPhones, and  reliability has been pretty good for a couple of years up until recently.

But lately we both have lots of trouble sending texts - getting "failed to send" (or something close to that) quite often where the green sending bar goes about 95 percent before it stops and gives the message. Sometimes if we resend message a few times, it'll suddenly go through. All of this without moving in the house.

Also, I'll get the chime for a voice message, when the original call never even came through and phone never rang while Im sitting right next to it.

Calls are being dropped all the time, getting "call failed" in the middle of a conversation, again, and I'm not moving atound the house. Or calls just cut in and out where we cant hear the person on the other end.

Getting so frustrated - went to the Stratham NH Verizon dealer who said nothing we can do, probably they're working on the towers or something. I already have wifi calling enabled on my phone which isnt helping.

Cant talk to a real person at Verizon corporate tech support. I've heard about extenders or repeaters that a buddy of mine has who had same issues a couple of years ago, and they gave him one for free.

I just want to be able to talk to someone who has a solution, and knows what is going on with my local service.

Since my contract is up anyway, maybe I'll just cancel Verizon and switch to AT&T or Sprint.

So if anybody can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Merrill

Labels (1)
Re: Failed calls, missed calls, texts not delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mclark100,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. We are concerned to hear that you are having trouble with your service, but we will definitely look into this matter closer for you as we would never want to lose you. Do you recall anything happening in the area around the time the issue started to get to the level of where it is now? Are you only having the issues indoors or outdoors as well?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

poor wi-fi is an issue with your internet provider!

0 Likes
mclark100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing has changed in my home, and I have heard local chatter about trying to get new towers, and upgrades, and 5g, etc, but I dont know for a fact what's going on. The issues are indoors and outdoors, but it seems worse indoors, maybe that may be because that's where we use our phones the most.

0 Likes
mclark100
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wifi is fine. I only mentioned it because several years ago Verizon told me to turn on wifi calling which improved my in-home service at the time. And it's been turned on since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, mclark100. Are there any parts of your house where you get better service than the rest?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
mclark100
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it s a small single-level ranch and doesnt matter where we are in the house. Like I said, undeliverable texts and failed calls seemed to start in earnest several weeks ago. A buddy who lives pretty close had similar issues a couple of years ago, and you guys provided him a free extender/booster box that solved his problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information. We understand how important it is to have a working service in your home and want to make sure you are provided with the best options. With regard to your concerns, we would like to review the area more as well as your home Wi-Fi connection indoors. Based on your issues are you stating that the Wi-Fi calling feature is now not working as it did prior? Do you have the same connection issues using Wi-Fi indoors as you do with the cellular service connection? 

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
mclark100
Enthusiast - Level 2

My CALLS and TEXTS are not working as they were. My wifi works fine for everything else. I have no idea whether "wifi calling" has anything to do with our problems. I dont even care whether that feature is enabled or not unless it makes my calls and texts work like they should.

What I would REALLY like to do is to talk to an actual person and get this solved before my patience runs out. Our cells are pretty much useless in the house now for anything without call failed or undelivered texts. And this service is unacceptable!

Please connect me with a person I can talk to about this, (of course I'll have to use my landline).

Thank you.

0 Likes
lissann

I'm having this problem as well for a few months now.  I had a Google Pixel 1 & traded it in for a Moto g6 & still have an issue with people not being able to hear me although I can hear them.  They tell me I cut in & out.  I only have this issue at home so seems to be with the coverage/signal in my area.  I hate to change providers because I enjoy the NFL access, but more important to have a phone that works.  

0 Likes