Comcast email won’t send when in Vietnam (iPhone)
Kgm1

I can receive email but can’t send now that I am overseas. I have rebooted phone. I have also deleted and recreated the email account. 

First error on recreate is can’t connect using ssl and asks if I want to try without. Then I get smtp server smtp.comcast.net is not responding

outgoing settings are

smtp.comcast.net; use ssl; port 587

ive also tried port 465

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Comcast email won’t send when in Vietnam (iPhone)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Issues with emails while traveling internationally are not what we want for you. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot. What other services (calls, texts, browsing the internet, etc) are affected? Do you know other Comcast customer with a different experience? Are you experiencing this issue while connected to Wi-Fi or the cellular network? 

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kgm1

Doesn’t matter whether I am on WiFi or cellular data.  Outgoing emails fail to send. I am able to send email from a different Non Comcast account. Each time I have travelled internationally I have had this issue but I’ve been able to fix in past by either deleting and recreating the email account or by re entering password for outgoing server. this time I just can’t seem to get past the error.  I am able to use web interface to send emails but that is very cumbersome  

Other functions like text and calls seem to work.

Some apps like google maps and grab don’t seem to work unless WiFi connected. 

0 Likes
Kgm1

It doesn’t matter if I am WiFi or cellular. Neither sends and same error. I have a work email account that is not Comcast and that does send. I am able to use the web interface which is  clumsy workaround for comcast

Text and and calls are fine

2 apps struggle or don’t work with cellular data. Grab and google maps. I’ve tweaked some things for this and will test results when I step out for the day

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kgm1, we hope your travels to Vietnam have been going well. We truly want to thank you for all of the steps you have taken in efforts to resolve your Comcast email concern. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate. Can you please let us know which email application you are utilizing?  Also, can you please follow this link https://apple.co/37wLhEy and input your email address to view the common email settings for your email address. Please confirm the information matches and share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Kgm1

Yes my settings match what is in the link.  I'm using Iphone mail program.  I am no longer in Vietnam so can't verify any other solutions.

Unfortunately it is a normal occurance to have issues sending mail from overseas.  European countries tend to be ok.  I had trouble in Croatia but was able to delete and readd the account and that helped (problem is always with sending).  In Vietnam nothing I did worked so I was never able to send mail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to avoid any issues that you have when traveling going forward.  To clarify, are you still having any issues with your device or email? 

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes