Cell signal reduced by half ?
Drumspace

Sometime over the weekend something has happened to reduce my available signal at my home from full signal down to 1-2 bars.  

Both of my phones have done this.  

I have updated both phones and no luck in getting my full signal back.  

Have tried to see if there were carrier updates and none available.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell signal reduced by half ?
Drumspace

Also note that I live less than a mile to nearest tower and have a total of three in a mile and a half radius.  

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Drumspace wrote:

Also note that I live less than a mile to nearest tower and have a total of three in a mile and a half radius.  

Maybe it's connecting to a different tower

0 Likes
Drumspace

Thanks for your response.  Is there a way to determine which tower it’s connecting to and how do I change which one it connects to?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

there are several apps for that to see what tor you are using. The phone will conenct to which ever tower is the best. The closer one may be congested so it ends up connecting to a less congested one. Or it could be conecting to the same tower just a differnet band. Once again the stornger band could be congested. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drumspace, having your signal on both devices reduced down by half isn't what we want either if we can help it and can understand the concern. Do you have an intersection and city you can provide please? Since indoor coverage is not something that's guaranteed and can cause signal fluctuation, do you notice if your signal is any better outdoors? Has this impacted your service in any way for calls, text or data?

By default, your iPhone will register the best possible signal that it can. There's no way to actually change which 4G cell tower your phone is connecting to.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes