Can I use facetime while my service is suspended?
KHace

I suspended my US service because I will be traveling in Europe for the next 6 months.

I was told I would be able to use my phone while on wifi for texting and facetime.

Currently, I can only facetime with my wife and only after she calls me....I cannot call anyone.  It always said "call failed".

Similarly, I can only text my wife...other texts won't send and I can't receive other texts.

Do I have a setting messed up?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suspended service phone with text/facetime problems
Snn5
Legend

You can use an iPhone with iMessage over WiFi to send messages to other iPhone iMessage users and you can Facetime to other iPhone users over WiFi.  You can use other apps that use WiFi for calling and data texting, but you cannot send regular SMS texts or make phone calls over WiFi like you would over the Verizon Network.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You can use an iPhone with iMessage over WiFi to send messages to other iPhone iMessage users and you can Facetime to other iPhone users over WiFi.  You can use other apps that use WiFi for calling and data texting, but you cannot send regular SMS texts or make phone calls over WiFi like you would over the Verizon Network.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KHace, first of all, thank you! We appreciate all that you do for our country! When suspending your service, you will be temporarily unable to place face time calls as that feature requires voice and data connection to our network. For more details regarding our suspension options, click

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes