Can I still upgrade after I replace my broken iPhone?
judyyy

The touchscreen on my iphone 6 plus broke, so I went to Apple and they told me I can replace it for the same model for a small fee.

I just paid off the last payment on the iphone and I need a replacement ASAP but I want to wait for the new iphone 8.

If I replace my broken iphone at Apple with a new one, can I still get my upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I still upgrade after I replace my broken iphone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’d like to take this opportunity to clarify, judyyy. I know how important having a working device is and want you to have the best options. You mentioned you paid your current iPhone in full, so at this point the device would be yours to do what you want with it. That includes the option to repair or replace it through Apple. With the original device paid in full, the replacement you mentioned will not change your upgrade eligibility from us. You can always log into https://www.verizonwireless.com/verizon-phone-upgrade/?task=upgrade to confirm your Verizon Wireless upgrade eligibility and see if there’s any remaining balance on your last upgrade. You also have the option to log into www.phoneclaim.com/verizon to see if the insurance option mentioned by HarleyE_VZW may also be available. Does this help?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are provided the most accurate information possible. If the action that Apple is trying to perform falls under an Upgrade, this may lead to ineligibility to upgrade later. Do you, perhaps, have insurance on your device?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’d like to take this opportunity to clarify, judyyy. I know how important having a working device is and want you to have the best options. You mentioned you paid your current iPhone in full, so at this point the device would be yours to do what you want with it. That includes the option to repair or replace it through Apple. With the original device paid in full, the replacement you mentioned will not change your upgrade eligibility from us. You can always log into https://www.verizonwireless.com/verizon-phone-upgrade/?task=upgrade to confirm your Verizon Wireless upgrade eligibility and see if there’s any remaining balance on your last upgrade. You also have the option to log into www.phoneclaim.com/verizon to see if the insurance option mentioned by HarleyE_VZW may also be available. Does this help?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes