Re: Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the hassle this has caused. To confimr, is the Call Filter app and service something you want to use? Are you also using  an iPhone XR?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
chris87p
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really care about the Call Filter app. But I would like Verizon to block known spam if possible. But it doesn't seem like turning off call filtering has fixed the issue. I still get almost all incoming calls that are not in my contacts showing as UNKNOWN NAME.

I am using an iPhone XR.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An earlier message mentioned that a call was made to us. How long has this been going on for? Were there any changes made prior to the Unknown caller issue?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
chris87p
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue appears to have begun when I switched to Verizon in December. I chatted with someone on Friday about getting it fixed. They said the only thing they could really do was remove call filtering. That doesn't seem to have worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chris87p, Thanks for providing us with those details. Let's make sure we're all on the same page. Are come known phone numbers showing up as unknown callers or are you referring to spam phone calls?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
VZW-loser-er-user
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to me today. It was a caller I had been waiting two weeks to hear from. And I missed the call. And this nonsense has been going on since 2016!! I want the fix now. I will screen my own calls. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZW-loser-er-user, as someone who depends on their Called ID to work properly, I know how inconvenient it is for you to not be able to see the numbers that are calling you. Don't worry. We are here to help you. Are all of your calls showing an Unknown name or was it just one call? Do you use the Call Filter app?  

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
ihateregistering4stf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need this feature shut off on my phone also. UNKNOWN CALLER is what's displayed on my phone if the number isn't in my contact list. STarted happening after I got a msg from VZW that Call Filter was put on my phone. I don't want Call Filter. I want it gone. I want numbers to show up on my phone. I have an iphone 5s and I don't have the VZW app on my phone. How do I fix this? What else do you need to know? I've been trying to get answers for a month.

ihateregistering4stf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, can I remove this from one line and not the other on my account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ihateregistering4stf,

We want to set you up for success. Depending on how you are enrolled in Call Filter (individually by line, or as a family) you may have the option to remove from one line or another. The unsubscribe instructions can be found here: http://spr.ly/66041UqUQ

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes