Re: Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number
hal78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue with my new iphone XR.  Is there a setting somewhere that can be adjusted to show the phone number of the person calling??  Thank you!

bobbis27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just switched to Verizon and this is driving me batty. I'd rather see the number if the number isn't in my contacts.

0 Likes
JMT13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just started having the same problem with a 6s that I've had for years.  Also causing me major problems using my phone for work purposes.  Get off your butts and fix this annoying problem, Verizon!

ND7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turning off HD Voice in your Verizon app (under Account: Add-Ons: HD Voice) fixed this problem for me. New Verizon user with iPhone XR.

rensides

After having this issue drive me crazy for months (and no resolution after speaking with Verizon reps), I read this thread and removed HD Voice AND Call Filter from the MyVerizon app on my phone.  Problem solved!  Go to the MyVerizon app on your phone>my account>add-ons and select the app you want to remove and the line you want it removed from.  Numbers are displaying again!

0 Likes
GingerN17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue ever since I upgraded my iphone to a newer model. What I am hearing is that I may have been signed up for a free trial of something without my knowledge, and that is disturbing. I pay a lot of money to this company every month and I expect full disclosure of all services I am being provided, even if they are free - I never asked for this and it is realoly annoying!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get to the bottom of this Caller ID issue.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
jondacherry

Can you assist me too. This is so annoying. Every time some one calls me that's not saved in my contacts, it only shows "Unknown Number" or "Wireless caller". 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look into this, I'm here to help! When did the problem begin? I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
chris87p
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has this been resolved?

I contacted support, but their solution was to just turn off Call Filtering completely. I don't want to turn off HD Voice, because I think that also turns off VoLTE.

0 Likes