Re: Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number
elizabethc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for all the details, C2K2E. Is this happening with every call, including saved contacts? Does the Caller Name ID show in your My Verizon? You can check by going to the Products and Apps page in your My Verizon.

ElizabethC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
haleyrivers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. When saved contacts call me I can see there name as saved in my phone. When a number that I do not have saved as a contact calls me it shows as "Unknown Caller" and the "Town, State" that it is calling from rather than displaying the number that is calling. I have up to date software and just switched to Verizon with a new iPhone XR. I looked through my iPhones settings and can not find anywhere that would indictae I can change the setting on incoming calls to display the number. Would prefer to see the number that is calling rather than "Unknonw Name" I can see the number when when I go the "info" on that particular call on my missed call list. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haleyrivers, having the number appear correctly on your device is a must. Let's get this figured out. Did you install anything new on your device? Are you using Wi-Fi calling on the device? Click here for instructions: http://spr.ly/6600EnVim

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the ?Correct Answer? Button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MALVAR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also pay to have caller ID displayed and this is getting me very upset with Verizon

db5226
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue ever since using the trial for Caller ID that VZW gave me. Please help me get this fixed as it is VERY annoying!

Oertwigmm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too, makes my job incredibly difficult.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening, db5226. It is our aim to make sure you are no longer annoyed with your use of the call filter service. Rest assured we are here to help make sure it works for your needs. To ensure we are aligned, we do have a couple of questions. To confirm, did the issue with incoming calls showing as wireless caller or unknown name occur prior to the free trial of the call filter service or only after subscribing to the free trial? Also, are you currently subscribed to the call filter service?

Oertwigmm and MALVAR, we can understand where you are coming from as well. Call filter it definitely not intended to make you upset or make your jobs more difficult. Can you please verify if you are subscribed to the free trial or the premium version of the call filter service.

JaimeG_VZW

0 Likes
Makafeli
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was this issue ever resolved? My new iphone x does the same and i cannot see numbers, which makes it difficult to judge it the call is spam or not. Not to mention aome contacts have multiple numbers. This needs to be a setting to adjust, or simply show the number beneath the contact name. Please advise. Thanks

Teambedell
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I can tell, from this thread, is that Verizon doesn’t have a clue. All they respond with is more questions, no answers, and empty promises. Surely they are aware that the problem is on their end, with all these complaints, and that it isn’t an issue with customers adding an app, or software updates, etc. Furthermore, I never singed up for the call filter service; all I did is upgrade my phone. So, if Verizon automatically signed me up for a paid service, I’m going to be super angry! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to view the actual number that is calling you is very important, Teambedell. I am happy to go over some details with you. Please know that we never add a feature to your account without your consent. Our premium Call Filter feature requires that an application be installed on your phone in order for the enhanced Caller ID to work. We offer a free version of the Call Filter application. Below is a link with more details about the Call Filter feature:

http://spr.ly/6607E06FV

In regard to the Caller ID, when you go into your 'Settings' and then 'General', followed by 'About', what is listed for 'Version'? Is your device displaying the 'Unknown Name' for all numbers that are not saved in your contact list?

GregL_VZW

0 Likes