Re: verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

no im not using the verizon messing app thru the basic phone, im using it over wifi on my Iphone.

it is working again today.

but that  settings, integrated messaging features is not an option on the my

current version im using of the verizon messaging app on my apple iphone 5s w/ version 10.1i have

auto replyegift catalogcheck calling Eligibiltyactive advanced callingscheduled messagesedit conversationcustomizetips and reminders

whats newterms and conditionsshake to report bugsrate us in the app storesend feedbackmanage devicesversion 2.3.3

To: WJ 210 <jen21090@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 3:38 PM

Subject: - verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

#yiv3595567030 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

created by andreas_vzw in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionI appreciate this information, JEN21090. Verizon Integrated messages is normally a service available for smartphone lines. I understand that you have been able to use this in the past with your Samsung basic device. When you access the Verizon Messages app on the iPhone, please select the menu icon in the upper left>Settings>Scroll to "Integrated Messaging Features" and if it is already subscribed, please unsubscribe and then attempt to resubscribe. AndreaS_VZWFollow us on TWITTER @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We truly regret to see the messages are no longer syncing to the iPhone that is not active. As AndreaS_VZW mentioned, the messaging app should only work with an active smartphone. It is hard to say why it worked before unless you had an active 4G phone with Verizon Messages before.

Since the OS update it may have realized that this is not a viable option for you on the Samsung Convoy II.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

the app is working on my Apple Iphone again over wifi.  im not getting consistent replies from your techs

this is from the verizon website, i used to be able to use the Verizon messges over the Desktop App you have avail and that was not thru any phone device.and my samsung has nothing to do with my verizon messaging app.

from verizon website;Is my phone, tablet, web browser or desktop computer compatible with Verizon Messages? Verizon Messages is compatible with:

- Android devices with OS version 4.2 and newer

- Apple mobile devices with iOS 7 and newer

- PC (Windows) computers with one of the following operating systems:

- Windows 8 in desktop mode

- Windows 10

- Mac computers with OS X 10.8 and newer

- Web browsers like Internet Explorer®, Safari®, Chrome™ and Firefox®

Learn how to download Verizon Messages to your device.

Can I send messages with Verizon Messages over a Wi-Fi network only? Yes, you can send messages over Wi-Fi only without a mobile network connection from your device. Messages sent and received using Verizon Messages over Wi-Fi will count towards your smartphone's messaging plan.

but consider this case closed as it is working again.   thank you for your replies.

To: WJ 210 <jen21090@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 2:51 PM

Subject: - verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

#yiv3046232982 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

created by TamaraH_VZW in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionWe truly regret to see the messages are no longer syncing to the iPhone that is not active. As AndreaS_VZW mentioned, the messaging app should only work with an active smartphone. It is hard to say why it worked before unless you had an active 4G phone with Verizon Messages before. Since the OS update it may have realized that this is not a viable option for you on the Samsung Convoy II. TamaraH_VZWFollow us on TWITTER @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
gersong_vzw
Verizon Employee

WJ210, I understand this is important for you and I apologize for any confusion this has caused. We want to provide you with accurate information and we want the application to work for you as designed. In order for us to guarantee that Verizon Messages will work as designed on the iPhone, that specific device needs to be active on the account and not the basic phone. I understand the iPhone intermittently works at the moment, however, without that phone being active on the account we wouldn't be able to fully troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing with the application. You are able to use the application using the web browser or desktop by logging in using your My Verizon credentials. Once again I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions for us.

GERSONG_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes