verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

up until about a week ago my iphone, which i use with wifi only, cellular isnt on it, and use the verizon messaging app to text, i have a flip phone that i text from too, but i could send and receive texts on my iphone 5s using the verizon messaging App and it worked great. until about a week ago when i was only receiving texts on my samsumg flip.  i can send text messages from my Iphone (wifi only) but when i receive a response it does not come thru on the iphone. ive done a network reset, a phone reset, ive deleted and reinstalled the app, nothing is on block, notifications for verizon messaging are On.  cellular data is turned off, because there is no cellular on the phone.  im with xfinity, and not sure if xfinity is now blocking things or if the IOS 10 update did something to verizon messaging. anyone have a fix for this? id like to receive messages on my iphone again.

Labels (2)
Re: verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s
jacobv_vzw
Verizon Employee

WJ210 - The Verizon messages application is awesome as it allows you to send and receive text messages messages on multiple devices using your primary phone number. I use it all the time on my tablet and smartphone. Let me help you get the text message issue you're having resolved. Is you iPhone 5s active on your Verizon wireless account? What software does your iPhone 5s have? Settings>General>Software update.

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

no i dont have the iphone active on a cellular plan, im using it only over Wifi, my flip phone is my main cellular on my acct which sends and receives fine.

up unitl about a week ago the verizon messaging app was working great over wifi to send and receive texts on my iphone 5s.there was a recent IOS update to version 10,  and it did work after that but stopped working about a week go

and i updated to ios 10.1 today, removed and reinstalled verizon app,allowed notificatons, access to mic and camera, verifited my cell #, got  reply text that my device was now being used with verizon messages.

now it only sends texts, not receives.ive uninstalled and reintalled verizon app twicedone a hard reset 3xreset network connectionstried in airplane modedisabled SMS,   enable and disable

still only receives on my flip, not on the iphone over wifi.would Xfinity be blocking anything ?cell # 301 674 0230

jenny

To: WJ 210 [Removed]

Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 2:25 PM

Subject:  - verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

#yiv0039994973 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

|  |

created by jacobv_vzw in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionWJ210 - The Verizon messages application is awesome as it allows you to send and receive text messages messages on multiple devices using your primary phone number. I use it all the time on my tablet and smartphone. Let me help you get the text message issue you're having resolved. Is you iPhone 5s active on your Verizon wireless account? What software does your iPhone 5s have? Settings>General>Software update.-JacobV_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks so much for getting back to us. Let's get those messages flowing. Do you have the My Verizon app on the iPhone? Did you recently switch from a smartphone on the other line to a basic device?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi john

No i did not recently switch from a smartphone to a basic. Ive had my basic for at least 10 yrs and have been texting and calling from that.  About a year ago I bought a Iphone 5s and use it on wifi only and have been successful with the verizon app using my cell phone number over wifi to text , Send and Receive, using my phone number.  It worked fine until about 1.5 weeks ago when it stopped receiving the texts on the Iphone (used over wifi only, no cellular on the device) i can receive on my basic phone.  I dont know why it will only Send messges now over Wifi on the Smart phone (iphone 5s used only over wifi)  i called my cable company, xfinity and verified there are not any parental controls blocking the verizon app or any other sites.

im using IOS 10.1  and it will not receive texts any longer using the verizon messaging app, it will only send.

To: WJ 210 [Removed]

Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:19 PM

Subject:  - verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

#yiv5815173441 img

|

|

|

|

|  |

created by Joe L in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionThanks so much for getting back to us. Let's get those messages flowing. Do you have the My Verizon app on the iPhone? Did you recently switch from a smartphone on the other line to a basic device?  JoeL_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate you taking the time to work with us to figure out what is going on with your messenger service . Just to ensure we are on the same page, you have a basic phone that you use for calls and text. However you have been using the Verizon Messages application on the iPhone 5 however on the app you are signed in with the basic device’s phone number? Does that sound correct? Also you have been getting text and picture messages from everyone through Verizon Messages on the iPhone 5, over WiFi even though you do not have service? 

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

all of that is correct, im using the iphone 5s over wifi, no cellular, with my cell phone number 301 674 0230.  the app up for the last year has been working to send and receive text messages and pictures over wifi on my Iphone 5s (wifi only no cellular)  about a week ago it only now sends messages, and will not Receive any.   My basic flip still sends and receives, but being able to do it on the  Wifi, Iphone 5s was a great feature.

not sure why the app is not receiving now, when up until about a week ago it was working fine.

but yes to everything you said in your questions.

jenny

To: WJ 210 <jen21090@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:58 PM

Subject: - verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

#yiv9906038554 img

|

|

|

|

| |

created by takendraw_vzw in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionI appreciate you taking the time to work with us to figure out what is going on with your messenger service . Just to ensure we are on the same page, you have a basic phone that you use for calls and text. However you have been using the Verizon Messages application on the iPhone 5 however on the app you are signed in with the basic device’s phone number? Does that sound correct? Also you have been getting text and picture messages from everyone through Verizon Messages on the iPhone 5, over WiFi even though you do not have service?   -TakendraW_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

|

|

|

|

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

WJ210, thank you for the additional information. We are still here and will continue to provide assistance.  Because we want to protect your privacy, we recommend that you remove/delete or edit this post and remove your mobile number.  This is all in public and your number can be seen by everyone.

If you were or are still using a phone that does not have service or is not active on your Verizon account, we can not determine why it is not able to receive messages. Is it possible that you are using iMessage to send and receive messages?

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEN21090
Enthusiast - Level 2

10/27/16 4:30 pm estwhat is strange, is i sent out a group message, a text to about 5 people from the verizon messaging App, over wifi, from my Iphone (remember no cellular on the phone just wifi)and i did receive a few messages back from people on that group text (when i said Reply to me and not the group)but for some reason an individual messge is not recceived back on the wifi only Iphone,   only received back on my basic phone (flip, with cellular and texting)

To: WJ 210 <jen21090@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:58 PM

Subject: - verizon messaging app, not rx on Ip5s

#yiv3971735848 img

|

|

|

|

| |

created by takendraw_vzw in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionI appreciate you taking the time to work with us to figure out what is going on with your messenger service . Just to ensure we are on the same page, you have a basic phone that you use for calls and text. However you have been using the Verizon Messages application on the iPhone 5 however on the app you are signed in with the basic device’s phone number? Does that sound correct? Also you have been getting text and picture messages from everyone through Verizon Messages on the iPhone 5, over WiFi even though you do not have service?   -TakendraW_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

|

|

|

|

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate this information, JEN21090. Verizon Integrated messages is normally a service available for smartphone lines. I understand that you have been able to use this in the past with your Samsung basic device. When you access the Verizon Messages app on the iPhone, please select the menu icon in the upper left>Settings>Scroll to "Integrated Messaging Features" and if it is already subscribed, please unsubscribe and then attempt to resubscribe.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes