using wifi while traveling internationally
mmango

Hi,

when I am traveling in another country (visiting australia from my home in usa) ,  can I use wifi to send emails without incurring roaming charges?

I have the Iphone with 4g and unlmited domestic phone/text coverage. I just don't understand the international charges ... it seems like wifi is free but phone calls and texts cost money for the global plan.

thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: using wifi while traveling internationally
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

You can use WiFi to send and receive emails, talk,  and facetime (video call) anywhere that you have sufficient speed over a public or private WiFi.  You can accomplish all of these tasks without ever having any roaming charges. For VOIP calls, you will need an app such as Vonage and if the calls are international you will have to pay a per minute rate but that is much lower than roaming rates.

View solution in original post

Re: using wifi while traveling internationally
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

You can use WiFi to send and receive emails, talk,  and facetime (video call) anywhere that you have sufficient speed over a public or private WiFi.  You can accomplish all of these tasks without ever having any roaming charges. For VOIP calls, you will need an app such as Vonage and if the calls are international you will have to pay a per minute rate but that is much lower than roaming rates.