use BU to "restore" from iPhone 4 BU to iPhone 5s?
mityerf

Can I use a backup I make with my wife's iPhone 4 to "restore" a new iPhone 5s?  In other words,  if I back up my wife's old iPhone 4, can I then transfer all that data to her new iPhone 5s?  I would like to set up the phone while here in the States and then give it to her all setup on Christmas.  then we can activate it there and then she can use it with all of her data, contacts, etc.

Mit

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: use BU to "restore" from iPhone 4 BU to iPhone 5s?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mit,

Great question! You can absolutely transfer information on your wife's iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S. It's a good idea to set everything up while in the US. To transfer everything, please refer to http://bit.ly/1bTtRMR for how to transfer either using iCloud or iTunes. Just expand the option that you'd like to do the transfer with.

Hope that helps!

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mit,

Great question! You can absolutely transfer information on your wife's iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S. It's a good idea to set everything up while in the US. To transfer everything, please refer to http://bit.ly/1bTtRMR for how to transfer either using iCloud or iTunes. Just expand the option that you'd like to do the transfer with.

Hope that helps!

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mityerf

Thank you for the answer.  I have one small question though.  Does transferring files from my wife's 4 to her new 5s activate the 5s?  It sounds from the description that yes it does.  Can you confirm that?  If so, then this solution will not work for me as I want to transfer all of her stuff w/o activating the phone to the Verizon network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Understood mityerf. Yes the device will need to be activated to transfer the data. We recommend activating the device first, once you are back in the U.S. and then transferring the data between the devices.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes