smartphone access line...$40.00/month?????
melismeister54

I upgraded my daughters phone (iphone 4s) and ordered a iphone 5s. Now why is it that not only do I have to pay an upgrade fee of $30.00, but I also have to pay an extra $40.00/month for a smartphone access line???? What is up with this extra $40.00 a month fee on to of the regular monthly fee of $60.00....it seems crazy to have to pay $100.00 a month for one phone!!!  the iphone 4s don't have this fee why does the 5s? Thinking about cancelling my upgrade!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: smartphone access line...$40.00/month?????
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

1, Yes, there is an upgrade fee of $30 that all users who choose to get a new phone at an discounted price have to pay in addition to the cost of the phone.  That's just how it is now.

2. Yes, for a smartphone on a Share Everything Plan, each smartphone that you choose to activate on your account on that plan will incur a monthly $40 access charge.  However, all phones on that plan can/will share the same data plan.  So there will not be an additional data plan unless you choose to have the device on a separate plan.

View solution in original post

Re: smartphone access line...$40.00/month?????
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

1, Yes, there is an upgrade fee of $30 that all users who choose to get a new phone at an discounted price have to pay in addition to the cost of the phone.  That's just how it is now.

2. Yes, for a smartphone on a Share Everything Plan, each smartphone that you choose to activate on your account on that plan will incur a monthly $40 access charge.  However, all phones on that plan can/will share the same data plan.  So there will not be an additional data plan unless you choose to have the device on a separate plan.