ship date or deliver by date?
jgolden319

in the email i got after i ordered my iphone 5 it says deliver by: october 5 but when i type in the preorder number online it tells me that the ship date is october 5. which is true? i preordered on september 16th

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ship date or deliver by date?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi community,

The date in the email confirmation is the "Deliver By" date. All orders done by 9/19 and have no trouble when the payment processes will be delivered by 10/5. Please let us know if any other questions arise.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

ashleyhn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered mine on the 16th as well.  It originally said the ship/delivery date was 10/5, but I just got a shipping confirmation today.  It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.  So, I think it's supposed to mean deliver by the 5th.

0 Likes
papertarget
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had CSR's tell me it's "delivery" date until that date arrives and then it becomes the "ship" date LOL.  Either way the majority of customers have been getting their iPhones BEFORE the date given to them in the email.  Verizon was given those dates by Apple as to when the iPhones would be available to Verizon as well as other carriers.  Apple obviously made realistic goals as to when they would resupply their vendors. 

My opinion is both Verizon AND Apple have done a fantastic job on getting the 5 million iPhones out to their customers as quickly as possible. 

I imagine Apple could have sold millions more had they had a larger launch stock but the backorder within an hour of launch no doubt turned away some undecided customers as to whether they wanted to preorder or not.

Endlyssly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered mine on the 17th. My confirmation email said deliver by October 5th but then whenever I checked on the status on here, it said ship by as well. That plus waiting for my bank account to be charged made me really aggravated/ancy. But looking around, other people are getting the same thing. People who have called CS said they were told it's supposed to mean ship date, but like papertarget said, most people are getting it by or before the date. I finally saw activity on my card and my phone status now has a place for shipping information (though it's still blank). So it should be getting ready to ship. Since you ordered before me, I'm sure yours is almost in your hands. Just be patient for a little while longer!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi community,

The date in the email confirmation is the "Deliver By" date. All orders done by 9/19 and have no trouble when the payment processes will be delivered by 10/5. Please let us know if any other questions arise.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

MariaPerez1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are you guys taking so long to ship my iPhone 5 ? cant i just go pick it up at a store or something?????

monkey_187
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish that this would of been allowed for us to do if we pre-ordered the phone and they couldn't deliver due to shortages in their stock of phones they can ship.  I placed my order on the 15th and have to wait till about the 5th of October?  That to me is unacceptable but yet we will get every excuse as to why it happened this way.  Almost every store that you can shop online these day has the option of "buy online" and "pick up in store".  That should of been allowed for us as well, but that wasnt the case.

MariaPerez1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my iphone 5 last week on saturday online, and ive been waiting all week for it when do you think its going to be ship??????

0 Likes
shizzyshae

You just ordered your phone who ordered their's around the 16th and still haven't received the phone. We all had to wait a couple of weeks. I ordered mine on the 20th and I won't get it untill the 12th.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon's site currently says that iPhones ordered now will ship by Oct 26, so it will probably be around that time.

0 Likes