problems with the New IOS8 on the 5
heywardc
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just recently upgraded to the new IOS8 and i've been very unhappy with the results. My phone continues to freeze up when i'm using it. FB, text messages, other apps, etc. it stops being responsive, even if i press the home key,nothing happens. I've tried  the hard reset,etc. but nothin works and it just happens randomly. what gives? I went to a Verizon store and the rep told me that the 5 processor can't handle the new IOS. i disbelieve that since there are still folks using the 4 who arent havign these problems...........help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: problems with the New IOS8 on the 5
Not applicable

The iPhone 4 cannot update to iOS 8.2

Only 4s on up.

Check to make sure you have iOS 8.2 if not under settings, general, about make sure it is on the latest update.

Good Luck

0 Likes
heywardc
Enthusiast - Level 2

8.2 is the one I have, but the problems still exist. I didn't have them prior to the 8.2 update.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And unfortunately you can only roll back to iOS 8 if I read the Apple site correctly.

My next suggestion would be to restore your device back to when it was first turned on.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Or go into an Apple Store if there is one near you and have them either fix it or warrant it on the spot.

Dont use Verizon for warranty on any iPhone

Best of luck

0 Likes
heywardc
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks, I'll check out the Apple Store