not receiving texts
mdaversa

Over the past few weeks I have not been receivng all of my text messages.  Sometimes they never appear (friend will show me what they've sent from their iphone), but occasionally others will come through 1,2, or 5 days later.  I have an iphone 5s 16GB and the people I am texting with have iphone's.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's disappointing, mdaversa. I know receiving all your messages is important.Do you have any trouble sending or receiving with anyone that doesn't have an iPhone? When you saw the messages from your friend on their phone, did you happen to notice if the chat bubble was blue or green? Are you able to send messages to those same people successfully?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mdaversa

Do you have any trouble sending or receiving with anyone that doesn't have an iPhone?

Yes, the problem exists with phones other than the iphone.

When you saw the messages from your friend on their phone, did you happen to notice if the chat bubble was blue or green?

The chat bubbles on my friends phones are all blue.

Are you able to send messages to those same people successfully?

I can send text messages, but occasionally they are slow to send.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdaversa,

Messaging is a great way to communicate. I would be lost without my messaging. Sounds like you are using IMessage if the bubbles are blue. Do you have any problems with your data connection? Do you turn off your data? Do you notice a pattern to where you are located when you don’t receive them?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mdaversa

The data connection is poor at my office, where this problem mainly happens.  If it was just that I would not be as annoyed, but what is really becoming an issue is even when I go outside and my connection improves messages are not coming through consistently.  I was sent several texts yesterday while still at the office and they all came through this morning. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mdaversa,

Messaging is my favorite because that is how I stay in touch with my family when I am at work.  Service will improve when you are outdoors because indoor service is affected by the building structure.  Do you have trouble with calls?  Are you able to browse on safari with no trouble? 

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes
mdaversa

Yes, I have trouble making and receiving calls.  Browsing safari barely works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdaversa,

We do appreciate all of the additional details. They do help. It is concerning that this is occurring all over. Can we have you try a minor reset? Reset Network Settings: http://vz.to/1FCm9J5

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes