my iphone 5 was covered with the otterbox defender when it was emerged in water for about 3 seconds. When I removbed the protective cover it was fine and still fully worked. 12 hours later- it still has all capabilities except phone service. the upper lef
tiggytone

my iphone 5 was covered with the otterbox defender when it was emerged in water for about 3 seconds. When I removbed the protective cover it was fine and still fully worked. 12 hours later- it still has all capabilities except phone service. the upper left corner of the phone continues t o say "searching". Can I get phone service back?

I still have internet, text and can use my apps....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my iphone 5 was covered with the otterbox defender when it was emerged in water for about 3 seconds. When I removbed the protective cover it was fine and still fully worked. 12 hours later- it still has all capabilities except phone service. the upper
erinw_vzw
Verizon Employee

tiggytone,

This certainly seems strange for sure. I've had something similar happen to me as well. Do you have insurance on the line? When water/liquid comes into play, it is difficult to determine what will or won't be effected by this. Are you only able to send iMessages (blue)? Or are regular text messages (green) going through as well? This will help figure out what might be going on. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: my iphone 5 was covered with the otterbox defender when it was emerged in water for about 3 seconds. When I removbed the protective cover it was fine and still fully worked. 12 hours later- it still has all capabilities except phone service. the upper
Not applicable

If the outer box did its job no water affected the device.

First I would hold the on/off button together with the large home button until you see the apple logo. Release both buttons and see if phone service is restored.

Another option is to turn the phone off and carefully remove the Verizon Sim card. Making sure not to touch the gold contacts of the Sim with your hand. If you have a smooth cloth you can carefully wipe it, and then reinsert the Sim back in the Sim socket (look at the socket to make sure you put it back in the device) turn on the iPhone and see if it fixed your issue.

Another thing to try is settings-cellular-network (refresh)

Additionally you can check that LTE is turned on, cellular & data roaming is set on. (Green)

See if one of these fixes your issue.

Good Luck

Chrisylee

U can also take its back off, Don't know if it comes off but if it does stick it in a storage bag with dry rice 4 a day or two....Sometimes that'll fix it cuz it draws out any water that may have gotten in it, good luck!

0 Likes
Not applicable

IPhone are sealed units. Not open backs. Etc.

I am not the original poster but a replyer. Smiley Sad