iphone 5 preorder - WHEN will this phone be in?
vt2791

Preordered iphone 5 on sept 14 at Best Buy; was first preorder for Verizon 16G phone.  Best Buy has filled ATT anmd Sprint orders but have not received a Verizon one yet -WHYYYY?  And when can I expect it?  Am about to switch whole family to AT&T.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 preorder - WHEN will this phone be in?
rara105
Contributor - Level 1

The problem you're running into is only so many were manufactured. I'm sure your best buy has received others preorders yours is farther down the list.

0 Likes
vt2791

This is not the correct answer.   My son worked there for years and we were the FIRST TWO 16G Verizon iphone 5s preordered;  we know this for a fact.  They have received 0 (zero) Verizon iphones at store #360 in Williston, VT.  And they have received no word on when to expect one.  This happened with the iphone 4 and Best Buy - where they did not receive any VERIZON phones - FOR TWO WEEKS. 

So yes - they received other iphone 5s - just none for Verizon.  I want to know from Verizon why this has happened.

0 Likes
1nexus
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened with the iphone 4 and Best Buy - where they did not receive any VERIZON phones - FOR TWO WEEKS.

Im thinking for the iphone6 not to preorder from BestBuy.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Don't you think it would be more a question for the supplier of the phone? That is Apple.

vt2791

Well, I am trying Apple as well.  But I would think Verizon would have a contract with Apple to provide some phones so I thought I would ask Verizon as well.  I mean - I would think Verizon would care if their customers are moving to AT&T because of some crappy contract they have w/Apple.

Also -just FYA - I was not aware this happened with the iPhone 4 until after I pre-ordered and I had a bunch of $ off I could use w/Best Buy.  I would not have repeated an experience such as that. (BTW - their warranty is heads above others)

Just hoping that Verizon may see this complaint and want to know and/or do something about "next time."

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually, Verizon's reply would probably be "You should have purchased it from us. We have no control on the amount of phones Best Buy has in stock!"