iphone 5 - no calls, send or receive
uberbill43

I have iphone 5, ios 10.  suddenly I can't make calls or receive calls, however I do receive and send VMs. I've gone through all settings but no luck.  I have rebooted and reset wifi network connections.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 - no calls, send or receive
GIRAFFE_FILTER

I have the same problem.  Last night (October 4, 2016) there was a carrier settings update, now my iPhone 5 can't make or receive calls.  Cellular data still works.  I went to the Verizon store today and they gave me a new SIM card and said it should start working in a couple of hours.  It hasn't.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
JEFFKSR2

In the same boat you are in.  Did the network update and I cannot send or receive any calls.  All else works, Facebook, texting, Safari, everything.  Called Verizon and they said try to download data to ITunes or ICloud and do a complete system reset.  Went to a Verizon store and they basically said you have an old phone and my only recourse is to upgrade my phone.  I think the update had something to do with it and will not update my wife's for fear of the same thing happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFFKSR2,

Not being able to send/receive calls would not fly well with me. I'm surprised to learn that you are having these troubles after the update. My dad has the iPhone 5, and hasn't had any issues after the update. Let's find out more details here. When did you complete your update? When you try to make a call, what happens? Do you get any error messages?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nayna41

I have the same issue. Reset the iphone 5 as new and still no resolution. I think the IOS 10 Update is the culprit!  Version is telling me to buy a new phone.

0 Likes
Hal01

Had the same issue.  Took the sim out of my AT&T work phone and put it in my Verizon personal phone to test the phone and it worked fine.  Put my Verizon sim back in and it is working again.

0 Likes
DIADON91

Same problem here. Happened when I upgraded to ios 10. Apple has been friendly, but worthless so far

0 Likes