iphone 5 hot spot?
jzgirlh2o

How do I set up my iphone 5 as a mobile hot spot to use my laptop? is there a charge for doing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5 hot spot?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

First, it depends on what data package you have. If you have one of the "limited" ones (2gb, 4gb, etc) then I believe Hotspot is included (keep in mind that if you do have metered data, that entire amount that you have; 2gb, etc will come from that amount, so keep an eye on your data usage). If you have unlimited data, you have to add the Hotspot feature with Verizon, and that's 30.00 - the advantage here is that you'd have unlimited hotspot data (again thats ONLY if you have unlimited data already). As far as cost to "use" it, there is none, just whatever amount of data you use that's going to come out of your "data bucket" so to speak. Again, if you're on a metered plan, make sure you keep an eye on your data usage as it can add up fast.

To set it up goto settings, then personal hotspot, and enable it. You'll have to set a password, and it will ask if you want to use wifi/bluetooth or usb only.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 hot spot?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

First, it depends on what data package you have. If you have one of the "limited" ones (2gb, 4gb, etc) then I believe Hotspot is included (keep in mind that if you do have metered data, that entire amount that you have; 2gb, etc will come from that amount, so keep an eye on your data usage). If you have unlimited data, you have to add the Hotspot feature with Verizon, and that's 30.00 - the advantage here is that you'd have unlimited hotspot data (again thats ONLY if you have unlimited data already). As far as cost to "use" it, there is none, just whatever amount of data you use that's going to come out of your "data bucket" so to speak. Again, if you're on a metered plan, make sure you keep an eye on your data usage as it can add up fast.

To set it up goto settings, then personal hotspot, and enable it. You'll have to set a password, and it will ask if you want to use wifi/bluetooth or usb only.

0 Likes