trying to activate i message on a new iphone....messages won't send or receive

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: imessage won't activate on new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day mf1831! Let's get your iMessage working. May I ask are you logged into your iPhone 5s with your Apple ID? If not then simply go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Also, go to iCloud in Settings to ensure that you are logged in there as well. Once you are logged in go to Messages and verify that iMessage is turned on. Also, please verify the Send & Receive info under Messages to ensure that both your mobile number and Apple ID is checked under "You Can Be Reached By iMessage At". Please let us know the results after you have peformed these steps.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: imessage won't activate on new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day mf1831! Let's get your iMessage working. May I ask are you logged into your iPhone 5s with your Apple ID? If not then simply go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Also, go to iCloud in Settings to ensure that you are logged in there as well. Once you are logged in go to Messages and verify that iMessage is turned on. Also, please verify the Send & Receive info under Messages to ensure that both your mobile number and Apple ID is checked under "You Can Be Reached By iMessage At". Please let us know the results after you have peformed these steps.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes