imessage and facetime just says waiting for activation
awilliams1551

Hello I am currently studying abroad in the UK and i brought my iphone 5s with me and turned off all cellular data and roaming and up until two days ago was using wifi to facetime and imessage just fine to communicate with friends and family back home. Two days ago I downloaded Whatsapp to text my mom who has an android device I didn't know my apple password so I reset it and when that happened I had to retype my password for facetime and imessage and turn them back on. However when I slide the on bar to green for both underneath it just say "waiting for activation". I have turned on roaming for both voice and data and nothing happens.After an hour at the apple store and the 45min on the phone with apple support the was nothing they could do and said I should contact my provider.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: imessage and facetime just says waiting for activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

awilliams1551,

It is important to stay in touch with your family while being abroad. When you have an iPhone and attempting to activate your iMessages it does require your device being able to connect to the network. With having your cellular data turned off it does restrict the network from reaching your phone. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: imessage and facetime just says waiting for activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

awilliams1551,

It is important to stay in touch with your family while being abroad. When you have an iPhone and attempting to activate your iMessages it does require your device being able to connect to the network. With having your cellular data turned off it does restrict the network from reaching your phone. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes