iPhone locked/unlocked question
SHEGUT6

I bought an iPhone 5s at the Apple Store and brought it to the Verizon store for setup.  How do I determine if my phone is locked or unlocked?  I am travelling overseas and am contemplating getting a SIM card over there.  It would only work if my phone is unlocked, right?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone locked/unlocked question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your phone overseas is important. SHEGUT6. On postpaid, all of our 4G LTE devices, like the iPhone 5s are unlocked already. Prepaid devices would have a minimum service activation before they would be eligible to be unlocked. If the device was with prepaid and you’re unsure of it’s status, you can give our prepaid team a call at 888-294-6804.

You can learn more about our device unlocking policy here: http://vz.to/2w3sZqP

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHEGUT6

Thank you for your reply. Did I mention that I did not buy my phone from you. I bought it at the Apple store and then brought it to the Verizon store for setup. Does that make a difference in whether or not it is locked/unlocked? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHEGUT6 Having a good working phone is always important. The iPhone is a 4G Smartphone and is automatically unlocked even if you bought it from Apple. Please visit our "Device Unlocking Policy" page http://vz.to/2nOhcf2 refer to the "Postpay Device Unlocking Policy" for additional information. Please let me know if this answers your question.
EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
SHEGUT6

Thank you. This is just the information I needed.

SG

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHEGUT6, it's great to hear that you have the information that you need about using your iPhone overseas. We're here if you have any other concerns. Have a great day!

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes