Re: iPhone 5s ship date??
NavVZWuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm feeling the same way as everyone else. I got my order confirmed 20 minutes after it opened and expected to be among the first to get a black 64GB 5s. After not seeing any shipping info earlier this evening I called Verizon customer service. They had no idea what to make of the shipping date. After they asked a bunch of people the service advisor said my tracking information would show up overnight and that they were shipping.

Now I received the infamous email that everyone is talking about changing the date to October 7 now and am just frustrated with this whole process.

I guess Verizon takes their customers for granted, and maybe that's something I need to reconsider if they really value customer satisfaction seriously.

Seems like a problem that could have been mitigated by transparent, timely communication...... from a communications organization.

Signed,

A bummed out VZ customer

0 Likes
chawla
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone else think the least they can do is wave the upgrade fee??

0 Likes
bryan_tampa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I requested that when I called in and their response was..."Don't you understand that this is nothing that we could control and that it's all Apple's fault?".  So basically they could care less and are not willing to take ownership of the problem. 

0 Likes
EndersRapture
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow. Knowing their inventory at midnight on Release date is something I believe they can control. If some one could explain to us how Verizon didn't know they didn't have these THOUSANDS of iphones at midnight in their warehouse to promise people, let us know. Until then, I don't see how Verizon's miscalculations of midnight orders is Apple's fault.

0 Likes
Slo8140
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called last night after I got the email. I know there is nothing that they can do. It is Apple's fault for not getting them the phones they were promised, but to me more at issue is the fact that Verizon failed to communicate what had to be a known issue. I almost ordered mine from Apple…I would have waited in line at a local store, but it was raining like crazy….in the future I will cut out the middle man.

On my call I told the rep I needed to be compensated for my trouble and their lack of communication. He gave me a $20 account credit. Not quite the upgrade fee but most of it….I should have asked for $30. I might have gotten it.

0 Likes
amarzaam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea I don't understand how they could have been off on their inventory by this drastic of a number. Any idiot can match up inventory to orders, let alone a corporation. The lack of communication is what really has irritated me though

bryan_tampa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just thought I would share that I finally spoke to someone in the online ordering department, a supervisor.  I received the same 10/7 e-mail and she told me that internally, those orders are marked to be shipped by 10/14, despite having told us 10/7 in the e-mail.  It just goes to show that Verizon believes in telling what you want to hear and not being honest with the customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how excited you must be to get your new iPhone, everyone.  This iPhone is in such demand that it has  caused unexpected shipping delays.  The good news is that your order is already in the queue and you are guaranteed to receive your phone!  Now you will receive an email with the updated shipping date for your device just as soon as it is available.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Slo8140
Enthusiast - Level 2

When are they going to update our ship dates on the order tracking website?

I checked mine this morning and it still says it is shipping on 9/24. But I am one of the lucky ones that got the email telling me it was not going to ship until 10/7 the night of 9/24. The biggest issue we have all had with this is poor communication from Verizon support. Updating the order status page would be one way that you could work on your communication.

Stephen O'Neal

Please forgive the brevity. Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
bryan_tampa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tamara-  Perhaps you should get with the program.  Excited?  It's more like frustration.  Perhaps you should stop reading from the script that Verizon makes you go by and be real.  These are customers of yours and you smack them in the face with your misguided and completely overlooking response.  We don't want to hear about queues, excuses or sugar coated explanations.  We pre-ordered to AVOID the queue, you know the one at the Apple store?  Instead, you guys promised something and under delivered.  At the very least, you should be giving a credit for the "Upgrade Fee" to ALL the customers that placed their orders in the early hours Friday morning.  If we place an order for something legit like a new phone, we are guaranteed to get it at some point, duh!  This all amounts to failed communication, as the user above pointed out.  Also, we all love how Verizon sent out the disappointing e-mail about our orders, right after the online order department closed.  So we get an e-mail with a phone number to call, only to call and the department be closed because you waited until the very last minute on the expected ship date to inform everyone.  Either this was by design (highly likely) or just an amazing coincidence.

I will never pre-order from you guys again!

0 Likes