Re: iPhone 5s problems with Verizon Cloud
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I say to use the computer to view your Cloud because my phone goes to back up things, says failed, and then I log in and they are there.

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried both of your suggestions and still no backup of photos and video.  What I see in the Cloud online is the same think I see on my phone.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm sorry, I'm confused by that last statement. What you see in the cloud is what you see on your phone. So you only see contacts in your cloud or you just mean the layout?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Why are you using Verizon cloud and not iCloud?

iCloud back occurs automatically when your phone is on, plugged in to power and connected to wifi.

You should be using iCloud for backup and find my iPhone.

You can view and edit your contact list on a computer at iCloud.com.

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

The content of my Cloud is the same online as that shown on my phone.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

To me that means it backed up everything correctly. But you said it wasn't working so did something work and now what is on your phone is now in your Verizon Cloud or am I missing something...

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to use Verizon cloud because it is Free 25gb.  If I wanted that much with iCloud, I'd have to pay for it.  Also, from what I read, with Verizon Cloud, you can delete information off your phone and it will remain in Verizon Cloud, and with iCloud, if you delete it off you phone it deletes from iCloud (at least that is my understanding).

I do use iCloud to back up my phone settings but just don't want to pay for more storage if I can get it for free. 

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

What was backed up shows the same online and on my phone.  However, not all of my photos or videos were backed up.  It has only backed up the photos and videos that were taken since the app was installed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of your backup concerns. I understand how important it is to ensure your photos and videos are backed up. If tap on menu in the Verizon Cloud app, then select Photos or Videos, do you see all the photos and videos you have on your phone? Also, if you are in menu option and tap on settings, can you tap on How to back

up and is Background Upload set to Enabled?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes