iPhone 5s problems with Verizon Cloud
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed Verizon Cloud app on my iPhone 5s, gave it access to my contacts and photos and set it to back up contacts, photos and videos.  It only backs up the contacts and does not back up photos or videos.  I am doing this with my phone fully charged, plugged in and on wifi.  Can't figure it out.  How do I get my iPhone to backup photos and videos to Verizon Cloud?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s problems with Verizon Cloud
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you getting an error message of any kind?

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the question.  No, I am not getting any error message.  When I press on the menu button (upper left) and then chose Photos, it says You do not have any photos in your Verizon Cloud yet.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How many GB is your cloud? How many GB of photos and videos do you have?

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the 25GB cloud account and am trying to back up only 672MB of photos and video.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

From inside the Verizon app, when you hit menu and home do you see the option to "start backing up my contacts/messages/files/photos?"

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I do not.  Now I have something different.  A photo and videos I took yesterday backed up but I have hundreds of photos and 47 videos.  Why only the ones I took since I installed the app backed up?

image1.PNG

And since I took this screen shot, it backed up, but none of my other photos have.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried clicking the menu button (left corner), Settings, What to back up, select the things you want to back up, go back to the home screen and see if the option to back up photos is there now. My hope is that the option to back up becomes available like it is for your contacts.

0 Likes
GeauxMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that before posting.  Here is what my "What to Backup" settings look like:

image2.PNG

Any more thoughts?  I was really hoping to have this as a convenient place to backup all those photos.  I only have a 16GB phone, so, extra storage is nice.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried doing them one at a time? Unselect videos and contacts and just select photos, go back to home, then use the sync button in the right hand corner. On mine I can actually pick which photos to back up also, so if you find you can do the same, select a few photos and do a test run. My theory is perhaps it will do them in smaller batches.

Then log into your account online and view your cloud to see if they showed up.

0 Likes