Re: iPhone 5s dropping calls
B33
Legend

Have a Local Store in your Area change the Sim out and when the Rep. replaces it make sure he or she does not touch the Sim Card) if and when these Card are installed if handled in-correctly and there's contact with the Gold are can cause a hole host of issues drop calls for one..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new replacement phone. If you haven't already gotten it activated this may help http://vz.to/1hNCbCq with the SIM removal.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Susieq64
Enthusiast - Level 3

is that really so? i didnt think touching the sim could be an issue. you would think they would preach to you about the sim contacts being touched but they dont. I got my phone from the store and i watched rep, he was very careful with inserting the sim, I dont think he touch the gold contacts on it. At any rate the replacement phone is coming today and i will still have the same sim card so if thats the issue, then i doubt my problem will be solved.

MoabUtah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had issues with the dropped calls too. Load the newest version of the

software. It makes a huge difference. Also the iPhone 5s has more issues

with call quality for some reason than the iPhone 5 does. Just my

experience in comparing the 2 in real life usage.

B33
Legend

O yea there's allot of sensitivity that's rapped up in just that little space we have two things in bodies that can affect them static electricity and the oils in our fingers we need both to function) but these 2 things we rely on can totally mess up a Sim Card and when it does it can greatly affect the phone..to function..

Here's an old Post I wrote back in 2012 on Touching Sim Card's I'm including this so all members on this thread can read the Booklet Instructions that comes with the Sim Card.. Follow this Link to read theses instructions..

8. Re: Sim Cards Installments Don't Touch that Gold!
0 Likes
Susieq64
Enthusiast - Level 3
so, I received my replacement phone and so far so good but have yet to test it fully, giving it a day or two.  also I noticed that when I transferred my sim , that the gold contacts have a scratch on it. could this be my problem?
B33
Legend

Very mi-nute scratches are ok as a Sim is installed in the phone the phone itself has contact feelers that contact the Sim that's what your probably seeing)  if the Sim's gold area has a shinny not dull look to it.  it's probably FineSmiley Happy. and should work ok

Susieq64
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you and so far it seems to load internet pages faster but I've yet to test in in talking on the road is where I usually have issues.. will keep you all posted

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome. and we'll be on here.b

Susieq64
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I received my replacement iphone 5s on Friday 3/21, no change, still have same issues..I went to the Verizon store on Sunday to get a new sim to make sure it was not an issue as when i changed the sim to the replacement phone, i noticed it was scratched.. still no resolution. I called tech support today and they went through troubleshooting, even called my phone and seen for themselves that my phone service was distorted and echoing.. so now they have created a network ticket and told me I would hear something back in under 72 hrs. What seem odd to me is that the tech on the phone asked me about my ported number, he said it shows my number was ported which is not the case, I came to verizon fresh and they assigned me a number, I didnt port one, I somehow wonder if this may be the case?? We will see, will update as soon as i know. thanks

0 Likes