iPhone 5 will not ring
sim22mie

All of a sudden today, my phone will not ring.  The silent button is not pushed down, the volume is up, I checked everything in settings and I just don't receive calls.  I hear the sound of a voicemail and hear text messages, etc, but when I receive a call, my phone doesn't actually ring.  If I do have it on vibrate, it doesn't vibrate either, just goes straight to voicemail.  But, when I do receive a voicemail it vibrates immediately or I hear my voicemail tone if vibrate is turned off.  I've tried shutting the phone off and then back on and also tried a soft reset.  Very frustrating, Any help?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 will not ring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not being able to hear your phone ring it definitely an issue sim22mie. Let's get this resolved so you can enjoy that awesome phone. Is the phone damaged? Try a SiM card pull for 1-2 minutes. Ensure phone is off firest. Lets also ensure the settings are set to ring properly. I have listed steps below:

1) From the home screen, select Settings.

2) Select Sounds.

3) From Ringer and Alerts adjust the volume.

4) Drag the Change with Buttons switch to On to enable Change with Buttons.
Enabling Change with Buttons allows the volume for ringers and alerts to be adjusted by using the device voulme buttons.

5) Select the Ringtone field.

6) Select the Ringtone then select Sounds.

7) Select the Text tone field.

😎 Select the text tone.
Select None to disable text tones.

Please keep us posted. If the above steps don't work, we will need to file a trouble-ticket for your area. You can do this by calling us from an alternate phone at 1-800-922-0204 or sending us a private message here with your name and mobile number, and alternated to call you. I look forward to hearing from you.

KInquanaH_VZW
0 Likes
Katiedeb

None of that works.

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine had the same problem -- it wouldn't ring!  But, I could test the ringtones and hear them fine.  I google it and found a fix -- go to iTunes (or iRadio) and play a song through the speakers.  Then the phone will ring again.  Makes sense ? not really, but my phone rings now. 🙂

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Katie & Michelle:  you might try a Power cycle for your phone)  on the iPhone's shutting them off and then re-powering will power cycle the phone.. if that doesn't help you might want Google search how to Clear the Cache for your iPhone's that might help to reset your Ring settings..

Good Luck to both of ya,  Have anymore question Just let us know.. Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Katiedeb

Didn't work!! Back to the store for me.

<< Private information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok understandable on the Issues) Debbie I want to pass on to ya as a Courtesy Reminder here on the Forum We don't pass out our Important information, First and Last Names and Email, and phones Numbers because so many on the Web could view the Information.. 

If you ever feel the need to share your Info to A CL or a Member such as I or a Verizon Team member please send that in a Direct Message..

Thanks for Understanding:. b33

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did power on / off and it didn't fix it.  I googled it, turned on a song in iTunes as I mentioned and now it works.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well as Long as it works we can call that a Victory In phone working science..  b

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep!  I don't understand it -- makes no sense to me.  But it's working for me now! Smiley Happy

0 Likes