iPhone 5 "Call failed" errors
CapeCodDave

My iPhone 5 has been working fine until last week. Now it can't find the Verizon server so all in or out calls fail. I tried all the recommended resets using airplane mode and toggling things on and off with no change. I am being told that the Verizon servers will not be compatable with the iPhone 5 by the end of year!! What is happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 "Call failed" errors
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand the significant role our devices play in our day-to-day life, and it would be difficult to be happy with anything that's not working.
While Verizon is retiring its CDMA network as part of plans to transition to LTE technology, this will not happen until 12/31/20 or just before 01/01/21.

Let's start with some basics. If you have yet to do so, then removing the SIM card and reinserting it is the place to start.
Apple has this along with addintional steps here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

Do you find that calls work in a certain area, but not others? If so, then may we have the nearest 2 cross streets as well as the city and state that this happens in?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
CapeCodDave

I have gone through the lists of things to try including Airplane mode reset, sim card removal, network reset ... all of them ... nothing works. In or out of the house the upper left icon is alway searching and never finds a Verizon network.  Everyone I talk to blames the network upgrade but it's not supposed to happen yet.  I am still without a phone.  I am in Harwich, MA and have always had a strong signal everywhere except inside some large buildings

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your many troubleshooting efforts and want to ensure we get to the bottom of your service concerns. I have verified there are no reported issues in the Harwich, MA area. Do you know of other Verizon Wireless customers in the area who are also experiencing the same issues? Just to clarify, are you only experiencing service issues when inside of a large building? If you leave the Harwich area are you able to use your phone without any issues? 

0 Likes
CapeCodDave
The phone will not connect to the network anywhere … home, away, in building or out of buildings
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, CapeCodDave. I'd like to gather additional details so we can work toward a solution. Please check your private messages for information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes