iPhone 5 iOS 7 Upgrade Problem - Weak Signal Reception
kalnim

After my iPhone 5 was upgraded to iOS 7, the reception signal bacame very weak in some places.

Is anyone having same problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 iOS 7 Upgrade Problem - Weak Signal Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kalnim,
We want you to always experience great wireless service. Where specifically are you having issues at? Zip code(s)? Are you experiencing difficulties with calls, data or both? Is this happening at certain times of day? Please provide us additional details so we can better assist.

DaisyP_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amw353

I've been having the same problem in Appleton WI.  I've been having more dropped calls and weaker reception, especially in my home, where I used to be able to talk on my phone in my basement and now have poor call quality and failed calls when outside.  I've already tried multiple things, including getting a new SIM card at my local Verizon store, but am still having problems.  And this all started after the iOS 7 upgrade.

0 Likes
kalnim

Hello,

I am experiencing the difficulties with calls and data both in almost area still now.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amw353,

Dropped calls are a serious no-no around these parts. So let's get to the bottom of things. Upon review, tower cell cites are processing as normal in Appleton. Which model iPhone do you have? Do you know any others in the area experiencing the same? Please share.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amw353

I don't know anyone else in the area that have commented on having decreased signal, and based on conversations with people at the local Verizon store, they haven't received many similar complaints.

0 Likes
messengerl29

I am having the same problem, very poor signal, dropping calls or no service, people telling me that I am breaking up, etc. All this started after "upgrading" my iPhone 5 to iOS 7. I never had any of these problems before. Most of the time, I now have to stand by a window to make or receive phone calls. I'm also experiencing very poor battery life after the "upgrade", even after disabling some features as suggested by others. I live & work in the Clearwater, Fl area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details amw353!

I appreciate all of the troubleshooting you've completed so far. Have you reset any of the settings on your phone such as Network Settings: http://vz.to/19REjIN or the entire phone itself: http://vz.to/1cfZDog?Do you notice any concerns with text or data?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi messengerl29,

Service issues are indeed alarming. I certainly apologize if Apples recent update may have altered the functionality of your device. We would be delighted to see what we can do to assist. Did you ever notice these issues before you updated? What exact zip are you using the device in? Are issues only targeted to indoor call sessions? Have you reached out to Apple at 1-800-MYAPPLE? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
kalnim

Even though I have also upgraded my iPhone 5 iOS to iOS 7.0.3 last week, the weak signal reception problem was not troubleshooted still.

My living area zip is 92833 and working area zip is 90045.

In so many area, I couldn't make a call using my iPhone 5 now even I tried to make a call so many time.

Signal reception strength also fluctuated very widely.

Before my iPhone 5 was upgraded to iOS 7, there was no problem to make a call in most area.

Thanks.

0 Likes