iPhone 5 - iOS 7 Problems
MarquisMorganD

I recently downloaded iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and I've notice that I cannot receive or make calls do to this update. The National Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representatives says its a SIM card issue, and the local Verizon Wireless Store says it's a national issue with all iPhones dealing with iOS 7... Who is right? When will Verizon fix this issue with iOS 7?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 - iOS 7 Problems
incredibleuser9

My iphone 5 with ios7 is making and receiving calls just fine! 

0 Likes
KINuser2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can only speak for myself.  I did the update to ios 7 last night/this morning, and I am able to make calls and text. 

I guess you have powered the phone off and on.  You might try doing a reset. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marquis, we can certainly get to the bottom of this issue. I have several co-workers around me that are able to make and receive calls after the update, so this is certainly not affecting all iPhones. Are you still having this issue? Did the store try another SIM card? If still having issues, are you receiving any error messages or what's going on?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdmorgan

Earlier this morning Verizon fixed the issue and it required me to restart the phone. They updated the SIM Card from the carrier of "Verizon 14.4" to the carrier of "Verizon 15.0". They also said they'll send me another SIM card if I have this issue again.

0 Likes
Amoebian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon will continue to address this issue individually until receiving a gazillion complaints; after that happens, they will start working on a fix, which will become available after a few days. In the meantime and after the crisis, nobody at Verizon will  have acknowledged even the existence of this issue, or the fact that we went without service for x amount of days...

0 Likes
kalnim

After my iPhone 5 was upgraded to iOS 7, the reception signal bacame very weak in some places.

Is anyone having same problems?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kalnim - Let's bring back the reliable service that you should expect every day! May I have the zip code to reference the area in detail? Is this affecting voice and data connections? Try resetting the network settings through Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. I look forward to positive results!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes