iPhone 5 battery not so great
BaylorDude
Enthusiast - Level 2

So last night after having it a full day I let it die completely then charged it when I went to bed, around 8am I started using it not much just a few tweets and read some FB and some text messaging nothing more then with my older 4 (not 4s). So at 8am is was 100% charged and now at 4PM IT"S DEAD!!!

Plus it gets VERY HOT on the back not too happy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 battery not so great
akdisney
Enthusiast - Level 3

Iphone 5 use a lithium-ion battery and you DO NOT run the battery Dead, that is bad for the battery.

It will short the Battery life of the battery.

Most Battery make of lithium-ion battery say to run the battery about 20 % to 15% then charge the battery 100 %

lithium-ion battery do not have a battery memory like another type battery.

0 Likes
Mansam
Enthusiast - Level 3

II've found the same thing - nothing like my iPhone 4. Much hotter & the battery isn't close at all to my 4. Nothing different - a few calls & surfing a little on wifi. Hope it gets better.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I am not having this issue at all so far. So far I have 15 hrs 50 mins on standby, 4 hrs 40 mins usage (texting, tweeting, checking face book, reading and sending a few emails, and a couple of phone calls) and still have 57% battery life left. This is with WiFi and LTE use. Oh, and I played a quick round of SoundPop and a few rounds of Words With Friends. Not too bad, but it's too early to really know how great (or bad) the battery life is IMO. We'll see soon enough, but I don't expect 4/4s results when using LTE....it's a little unfair to compare a device with LTE and one without it and expect the same results unless the battery was far more juiced up (as is the case with the Razr Maxx).

0 Likes
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't let mine die completely, I don't know if that's the difference? My first day with the phone I was probably on it... screen on and fiddling with it... for a good majority of the day. I'd say at least 6 hours? (please don't judge, it's my very first iPhone!) It was probably on (standby & operating) for about 9 or 10 hours total throughout the day of first use - No charging straight out of the box - until I got a 20% warning. I charged it up last night and yes I did find the same thing today - it's pretty solid for me and how I use my phone, but I did expect a little more out of the battery.

As far as the Droid Razr Maxx battery life and best phone opinion - my husband just upgraded to the Razr Maxx and gets about the same battery life out of his Maxx as I do my iPhone. It does last longer, but not by much. He plays a particular game a ton - so I'm sure that takes more battery life too. Both appear to be awesome phones so far, although we have big problems seeing the screen on the Razr Maxx when outdoors. That's our biggest complaint with that phone.

0 Likes
msilano
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here.  Not a first time user.

Likely an app or two that hasn't been properly adjusted for IOS 6, or potentially an apple issue.

If an apple issue, expect them not to comment on it, then issue a fix in a few weeks.....

-m

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Having a New Device is Exciting and Letting it out of your Hands the First Day is almost impossible. But i guess on my First Maxx the Reason i Hooked it Up and Charged it Fully and then done the Rest of the Steps then Enjoyed it is because having prior Devices and how i Done with them. It was second nature take care of important stuff then enjoy it.. but it was Hard for one it was my Present for my Birthday. But once i got the important stuff out of the Way i hooked my Maxx up to Winamp and put the Metal to the Pedal i streamed a straight 22 Hours with out one skip or stutter. And i still had about 1 hour of battery Left before i had to Hook it Up..  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you BaylorDude and Community!

Having enough juice in your phone to keep you going is absolutely important! The iPhone 5 is such a lovely phone and I want to ensure your phones are functioning properly.

Here are some tips to save battery life:
http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Please keep us posted if any of these suggestions helped out!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes