Re: iPhone 5 and Verizon customer Service Nightmare Please help!
rosenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, Verizon will hire any Shmoe off the street to represent them. Horrible, Horrible customer service. The worst I've seen EVER. Ask verizon for a kiss next time, When they ask why, just tell them you like being kissed before you get ******

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's been said repeatedly, but your issue was rectified AND you were  given a credit for a day of service (which is equal to more than the over 8hrs you asked for IF you break it down to how much per hour you would receive as a credit). As already asked,  what more are you looking for? You haven't said so I think that makes it difficult to agree with you and not think you are being unreasonable....because you seem to want more than what you lost (a day or service and several hours of downtime sitting on the phone).

Now the part you should be upset about is the CS experience on the last day (assuming it went the way you state. I've been with VZW for over 10 years and even the worst CS experiences went nothing like you claim yours went...especially with the manager laughing at you repeatedly and flat out refusing to transfer you). Report the incident if you feel you truly had this occur. If you didn't take good notes (who you spoke with for example) then your call can still be traced to who you spoke with based on the notes placed on your account. Otherwise, I have no idea what else you could possibly want. I would hope you didn't expect more on your account such as additional credits (your service was not interrupted for long enough to justify that at all). As mentioned though...if you are truly that unhappy you have the option of taking your business elsewhere. You should never stay with a company if you are truly that irate about your experience. I would call your experience more on the rare side but if you don't feel like you can let this go then it might be best for you to switch providers. Either way, good luck. 

rosenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

kaebfly,

It seems as if you're implying that the OP is lying. That is not fair. Everything someone states to have an issue with should be taken seriously and should not be judged or doubted.

0 Likes
papertarget
Enthusiast - Level 2

And Dchill that mentality is what makes a strong family owned small business and that's great.  You see to Verizon though you are but a mere grain of sand in the sandbox.  Plankton to an aquatic ecosystem.  Verizon Wireless did not get as big as they did by giving away capital to everyone when a mistake was made or something didn't go the way of the consumer.  That's how free enterprise was built.  What you would do is not what everybody would do.  That's just life.  I'm not saying it's fair it's just the way it is.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No, I'm not implying that they are lying at all. I stated that I personally have never experienced anything nearly as bad as they described, which is a fact for me. It does not diminish their experience, it just points out that I can not relate to the experience they shared because it never happened to me so my advice is based on what I think you should do versus what I have done. I said "report this if you feel you truly had this occur" because for those of us that haven't had it occur it may seem like something that is abnormal...so ultimately, proceed based on your own feelings of what occurred to you because if none of us have experienced it then our view doesn't matter. If this doesn't clear up what you (or anyone else that may feel the way you do) assumes I meant or was implying then you've already decided what you think I meant and nothing that I say will change that. If I thought the OP was lying I would have said so. At the end of the day, this is the internet...so there is absolutely no reason for me to sugarcoat my thoughts...I do not represent the company and I do not know anyone on here in the real world. I wouldn't be rude regardless, but I wouldn't waste time implying something as if I'm afraid to express my true feelings. And the use of words such as "claims" are used regardless of who I respond to because I was not present during any of the experiences posted on here...so I  am only hearing one side of the story. Doesn't mean that it's a lie...just means that I was only able to hear one persons side. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can vouch as a very long time customer, that what kaebfly says, works in actuality.  I have had bad bouts of poor customer service at one time or another at a variety of places, in my 3 decades of my adult life.  I have worked in the regulatory industry and have had legitimate requests on my desk that others should have resolved before they got to me.  I also come from a long line of entrepreneurs, and I was raised "old school" when you had to face every customer and there was no internet.  I know exactly what you are referring to about the laughing incident  - it is reasonable to expect someone to treat you fairly, listen to you, and respond with respect for all requests.  Period.   So it sounds like a combination of things got you flustered -  just keep good notes - and stay focused for now. 

I've been reading through the thread, and the only question I'd say to ask yourself:

a) what is the credit you're seeking, and

b) can you quantify and iterate why you are due the credit, that is above the recompense for the day of service lost?

I'll add a third thing - just a guess, but I'm thinking in your mind, you're having to beg for what you'd consider usual customer service - yes?  It's important - but it would need to stay separate for the above request.  Unfortunately respect and not having to beg is just nothing that can be reimbursed.

If I did the right thing, provided facts, stayed on target, I still sometimes didn't get the due result - so then I had to decide - and carefully so - do I change services, etc?  Do I shop elsewhere?  Do I write letters to Corporate Offices, Attorney General etc (I have a list on standby from over the years, depending).  I'm not saying do that hastily - one always needs to think about why they make a change (and making sure it's for the right reasons and not just because the grass looks greener elsewhere - it will come back to bite you down the road).

Dchill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pam you have articulated my feelings exactly.  All three customer service reps that helped me were top notch. Even though the first rep was unable to fix the problem on day one she tried hard. The problem I had was with the manager who was rude, condescending, and acted like he could care less about their mistake that cost me 10 hours of my time. He flat out refused to let me speak to his supervisor and told me if I was unhappy I could send an email. I believe a customer that spends 200 plus a month with four lines of service should be treated as a valued customer. This is the first time I have ever had to spend that much time on the phone trying to correct someone else's mistake. In my opinion I think Verizon should apologize and offer some sort of recompense. Everyone that states my recompense was one days service (around 5.00) that is ludicrous in my eyes. I know I can cancel my service etc.... If I pay my bill late I have to pay late charges, if I cancel my contract I pay a cancellation fee, but they can cost me 10 hours of phone time and offer me 5.00 and that is supposed to make it right.  In the end I feel your time is priceless and don't feel 5.00 is sufficient to make up for this caliber of mistake. I don't care about the day without service, I care about the time it took to correct and the disregard for my frustrations. Definitely don't feel like a valued customer. I have sent in a email to customer care and will wait to hear their response. Thank you all for your input and thoughts. For those of you that think all is well because they eventually fixed their mistake, I hope you never have to go through this as you may feel different if it happens to you. 

0 Likes
Dchill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Filed a complaint with BBB, Verizon executive offices called within week and resolved my complaint. Very courteous and swift response. Rep that addressed complaint admitted this should have been handled differently.

0 Likes
Jondelta

What was your

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Honestly, the question that I had was what exactly were you looking for as compensation if you felt like crediting you for a day's worth of service that you did not have wasn't enough. I also said that without you actually being able to say what it was that you were looking for except for compensation (which, as small as  the dollar amount may have been, it was compensation for the time period you were without service on your new iPhone). So without knowing what it is specifically that you wanted it was difficult to agree with you on getting more. You were vague in what you expected...was it more money/credit...an extra feature...free accessories....a free month of service? Did you want compensation in the form of an hourly rate for each hour you were on the phone? The possibilities were endless...so you needed to know yourself what exactly and specifically you felt you should have received to rectify the situation. I see that you did get some sort of resolution so for that congratulations. I have had difficult and drawn out experiences with CS (other companies) but I have always known what I expected to rectify the issue if I felt like I was justly compensated for whatever the loss was. And speaking for myself only....in your case it was unclear what you wanted other than more...which could mean something reasonable or something completely asinine. That's all I think some of us were trying to get from you...or at least it's what I was trying to get from you (for understanding).

Anyway, glad that you got it all squared away. Hopefully everything else is smooth sailing!

0 Likes