Re: iPhone 5 and Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwest903,

I truly apologize for the problems you had with the service, even after the Network Extender was used. We definitely don't want this to be the experience you have with us. I'm sorry to hear you returned the extender, as we still have steps to troubleshoot the network and devices. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Rkgr1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having similar problems with iPhone 6 plus and 5 s. No problems until iOS 8 upgrade. Same complaints of I can hear them fine but they say I am garbled. Very frustrating. Based on the number of issues being posted with the same problem sounds like a comparability issue. Especially since it worked fine with the iPhone 5s until I upgraded it to ios8.

0 Likes
tmorris9

I am having a different issue with iPhone 5 and network extender. Ever since ios 8 I can't seem to answer my phone 1 in 10 times (can't swipe the screen to answer) turns out it only does it when I am at home on the extender.

I went through many steps to fix the phone. Resetting it, rebooting, even restoring from scratch (as new) and of course I even reset the extender.

There is an intermittent issue and it happens to my dads iphone 5 as well.

Both of us have no problems when we are away from home answering calls but then when we are home on the extender there is a 1 in 10 chance we won't be able to answer a call. Pushing buttons, swipe screen nothing happens. Once the call is over (person hung up or reached voice mail) I can easily swipe to open my phone.

I kept blaming the IOS 8.x for it but it turns out it only happens on the extender.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tmorris9,

That's certainly alarming. We want to make sure you don't have any issues answering your phone. Does the screen react at all when this happens? Does the phone work again as soon as the call ends? How often do you restart the phone and does it seem to work better after you do?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tmorris9

Does the screen react at all when this happens? No (screen is on but touching or swiping does nothing), also no response from all buttons

Does the phone work again as soon as the call ends? Yes. As soon as the caller hangs up or it goes to voicemail the phone works fine again.

How often do you restart the phone and does it seem to work better after you do? Probably once a week, sometimes less. It does not seem to do anything for this issue.

Remember the issue is random. It's only around 1 in 10 times that it will fail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate the additional information provided tmorris9. This will help us get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Are you in a certain application when you receive a call and unable to answer the call? When did you update the software on your phone? Did this ever happen before you updated the software on your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes