iPhone 5 activate on different line
tduval75
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I used an upgrade from another line to get my iphone 5 so I could keep unlimited data.  It arrived today.  I have not taken it out of the box yet (still at work) but I want to know do I need to activate this phone on the line it was purchased for first or can I just activate it on my line instead.  I really do not want to have to go to a Verizon store and get a replacement SIM card but if that is the only way then so be it. 

Yes there are previous threads on this I know however I just saw a lot of different responses and hopefully more people have gone through this process already since last time I checked this forum.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 activate on different line
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Since the answers seem to vary I would contact VZW first...just to avoid any issues. Some have had easy success and others ended up with having to go through the sim card aging process. That's just my opinion though.

0 Likes
tduval75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I can answer this post now from personal experience.  I did not have to go into a Verizon store or activate on the line it was ordered for first. I called Verizon on the phone and they were able to make the switch online and the process took about 15 minutes and I still have unlimited data. I did not turn the phone on until the Verizon rep told me to do so.

0 Likes
tay32

If you turn the phone then it is activated and you will have to go through the store.  I was incorrectly informed of this process and Verizon has just wasted another 1hr 15 minutes of my life trying to figure this out.  I know have to wait three days until I can make the switch because of their misinformation.  If all the other carries weren't as terrible, I would switch all my lines and devices away from Verizon.

0 Likes