Re: iPhone 5 Upgrade Question
painterjen18

plus everyones forgetting the competition at&t lets iphone users upgrade their iphones when new ones come out.  my friend will be preordering his next week and my upgrade date is october 18 of next month and the stupid company still wont let me preorder one until the 18 of next month.  On top of this im still mad at them for the way the handled me with all the issues with my stupid droid last year. 

0 Likes
Stevarino

Bummer!  The message does give some hope that a "manager exception" could be made after the 21st, though.  By that time, however, I'm only a couple of weeks away anyway (I have the 10/7/2012 upgrade date as well).

0 Likes
Dark_Waters
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't understand why someone would take the time to login, read, and then post  his or her useless opinions on the intelligence of OP.  This isn't 4chan, OP is askin a question freaking answer it, give suggestions or don't. If you are a customer of a company and helped that company reach a 3.9 billion dollar net income in one quarter I think you "entitled" to  some customer satisfaction. OP isn't asking for something ridiculous he wants to be able to preorder a phone.

I have heard rumors that Verizon is offering early upgrades to those that are close to their upgrade date. Won't know for sure till the phone actually goes up for sale tomorrow though. I would suggest waiting till tomorrow and checking your availability then. If it isn't call customer service and ask to speak to a manager.

Good Luck

ps remember to shout gimmee gimmee gimmee and talk allot about your entitlement mentality

0 Likes
painterjen18

Thats all i want is to upgrade little bit early too, maybe we will get lucky and something will happen.

0 Likes
pearphone5

I would like to say that while a early upgrade is definitely not a option because the device is considered "iconic"(you have to order through the old looking website) and isn't even a option to do. However, around January(if it's like the 4S) the device won't be iconic. I got the 4s 3 months early last year because I was allowed a early upgrade but the iPhone 4S was still "iconic" so I called back about a week later and it was no longer iconic and it was shipped to me without a problem. Just wanted to throw this out there for everyone that is so quick to say  because it is absolutely possible just NOT NOW because the iPhone 5 will be iconic upon release.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Community! I can understand everyones excitement about the iPhone 5! I'm counting down the days until I will be eligible to get on myself! However, at this time, we are not offering any early upgrades. I apologize for the inconvenience.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JohnAppleseed
Enthusiast - Level 2

My upgrade date is October 10. I called CS today and was able to order the IPhone 5 at the discounted price. It will arrive by Sept. 26. My best advice is to be nice. The reps don't want to help people who act entitled.

0 Likes
mamietm

Like you i pre ordered the iPhone 4 and my upgrade date was october 7.  However my hubby(he does not have an iPhone) was eligible for an upgrade.  I was able to transfer his upgrade to my line and was able to order the 5.  now if hubby wants a new phone he will just have to wait til oct 7th...and he really doesn't care.  if i am happy he is happy  hahaha

0 Likes