iPhone 5 Text message confirmation
Hkjanson

So, I ordered my iphone 5 at about 3:15am Eastern, got my confirmation email and I thought everything was fine. I see people talking about a text message from Verizon saying do you want to confirm this order? I keep my work phone that is linked to the account at work so I have not been able to check to see if I have gotten any type of message but is it a big deal if you dont reply? Will I still get one of the first batch of phones because I ordered it early? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 Text message confirmation
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi...

My Verizon cell phone has been on since I placed the preorder at 0305 or so last Friday.  I never received a text message.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Have you checked your order status online?  Use the preorder confirmation number from your email, and your last name IN CAPS.

Jamie

0 Likes
Hkjanson

Yeah, I can use the confirmation number to check my status and it says "We received your order and it is in process", So I should be fine?

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be my expectation.

I haven't heard anyone say that receiving and responding to a text message was a requirement to complete the order.

Jamie

0 Likes
cpdubes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered my iphone 5 right at midnight on the 14th PDT. The transaction took about 10 min. Then at 1:10AM, I was still up and received a text message, apparently from Verizon's fraud division, saying I had to "authenticate" the order by replying "yes" to the text message, which of course I did. So apparently not everyone got this text message? I know from other posts here that some people did get this text message and now I am wondering if this had anything to do with what kind of credit card you used. But I definitely got the confirmation text from Verizon about an hour after my transaction.

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used an American Express card, and I did not receive a text message.

0 Likes