Re: iPhone 5 Dropping Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sunlover82, we appreciate your business for the last 10 years. Although wireless service can be challenging indoors, submitting a trouble ticket for your service issue was the right thing to do. Please allow 3-5 business days for a resolution. We will contact you once it's completed. Meanwhile, we thank you for your patience and allowing us the opportunity to assist you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sunlover82
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having trouble indoors AND outdoors

0 Likes
rwalker1

LISTEN, HERE IS THE TRUTH

You can not fix this problem. The problem is the the antenna in the Iphone 5 does not work well with the metals that are in your home. Apple and Verizon will not be any help with this because they know the only way to fix the phone is to not use an Iphone 5, which would kill sales.

I have had this same problem for months. I run a business from my iphone 5 and i get like 10 or more dropped calls a day. Even if you were to switch over to the Iphone 5S you would get the same problem.

My only solution to you would be to get an Android phone, or to try the Iphone 5C which is in what appears to be a hard plastic casing. I just purchased this phone through sprint yesterday and currently testing to see if i have any dropped calls. So far I have had none. If this problem continues to exist, I am going to switch over to Android unfortunately. My wife has A Samsung Galaxy 3 and has no dropped calls with it (verizon), others that come to our home with Android Verizon have no dropped calls. 

It is 100% the Antenna inside the Iphone which is weak when its under a home full of metal. I can be reached at >>removed<<  if you have questions or comments.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to run a business and have phone issues RodneyWalkerInc(dot)com . I'm sorry you're having so many problems. We stand behind our network and want you to know you're with the best because we strive to give the best coverage outside your home or building. We are unable to guarantee service inside and different phones my work differently inside depending on the connection to the network. How is service when your outside? If you had service with your iPhone 5 previously and then suddenly started to drop calls, we can do trouble-shooting. For instance, try resetting the network settins periodically http://vz.to/1dtBgcR. We can also look into replacing the device. Have you been through any of the steps above? We no longer have email option as a way to correspond with us but you can correspond here, Twitter, FAcebook, chat or by phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
talisabush

I've had MANY dropped calls since switching to the 5s, mostly inside my home.  Signal and service was never an issue for before the 5s, thought I was the only one with these issues. Tried the rebooting/powering down, nothing works, hate the idea of switching to a different phone, but it's looking like this May be my next step.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dropped calls can be very frustrating, Sunlover82. The bizarre part is that it started after the purchase of the 5s. Are you having problems with any other services inside your home? Messages or data? Did you try resetting your Network Settings? Have we completed any troubleshooting? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maryshome8

I have had the iphone 5 for several months and everything has worked perfectly.  I live in the 37601 zip code.  I woke up this morning and every call I make drops or when I call, there is silence. I have changed NOTHING. This is my only phone, so I have to wait until tomorrow to get it fixed.  It has happened very often when I go to another state (in a large city where Verizon has a huge presence).  I have power cycled it, reset network settings.  You would think that there would be a way to troubleshoot the device online, but there isn't.  I have tried for two hours to search on this website to see if there was a problem with a tower in my area and every time I click on the link, it sends me someplace else.

Internet, wifi, text is fine...it's just the calls.  I have tried them calling me, me calling them, etc..nothing helps.  I cannot even call tech support b/c they rerouted me to another number that I cannot dial.

It would be nice if there was step by step INSTRUCTIONAL help instead of "We are really sorry this is happening to you..please call customer service".  NOBODY likes to go into the Verizon store at Christmas time because you mine as well pack for two days of food and a drink because that is how long you will be there.  99% of the time they can't fix your problem anyway.

0 Likes
sfme

I am having the same problem. My iPhone 4s worked perfectly for 2 and a half years and now I'm sorry I upgraded to the 5s.  The 5s worked perfectly for the six weeks I used it  -- until I took a trip. When I came back it dropped calls like mad. Now Verizon wants to sell me a 'booster' that will increase the signal so they say. It doesn't seem logical to me since the signal was perfect for so long. And no one else has reported a problem in my area. Sounds like something is wrong with the phone which I bought from Verizon. Would love to know any resolution to the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sfme,

This is definitely out of the ordinary since the signal worked prior to the trip. We would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If I was in your shoes, i'd be frustrated with repeated dropped calls. Does this primarily happen indoors and what zipcode is your area? Thank you for your patience.

WiltonA_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mjmitchmitch

I'm having a similar problem. I've had the iphone 5 for around a year and a half, with no problems. On Monday, 1/27/14, as I was driving through town on my normal route, my call started breaking up and then I got a message that said "call failed". This happened probably 10 times on Monday, and another 10 or so on Tuesday. The one call I tried to make today (Wed), the same thing happened again, so I'm limited to texting at this point.

My zip code is 28056 and this happens when I'm driving around town--in the normal coverage range where I've lived for years. Please help!

0 Likes