iPhone 5 Dropping Calls
gvill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon for roughly 13 years now.  Through numerous phones, I've always had great service - reliable, good signal, MAYBE 2 dropped calls in all those years.  I recently exchanged my old flip phone for an iPhone 5.  For the most part, I'm greatly enjoying the phone.  Except . . . it's dropping calls like crazy.  In fact, a couple of days ago, it dropped 9 times in a single phone conversation (I was ready to just drive to my friend's house rather than continue.)  I haven't had any issues with internet, e-mail or anything else, just phone calls.  However, considering this is a phone, that's a HUGE issue and extremely frustrating.

When the call drops, I can call the person back right away, but again - frustrating!
Any suggestions (aside from switching back to a more traditional phone?  Which I am about ready to do.)

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 5 Dropping Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy the most reliable performance from your new device gvill! What is your zip code? Have you tested the device in multiple areas? Do you power cycle it daily? This is important with a 4G device. In addition, all devices are designed equally in terms of signal strength and reception; however, each device may respond differently in a specific location.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kypata
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problems inside my home.  It has progressively gotten worse over the past very months.  I have coverage everywhere but home and this is my primary phone so I need to be able to make calls.  I haven't had any issues receiving texts.  My son's iPhone 4s can be right next to mine and have 3 bars and mine will only have 1 bar.

I have been told by the Technical Team that the coverage in my area is weak - wonder what changed as it did not used to be an issue.  Until recently I could talk inside my home.  I think they are trying to sell Network Extenders but I have no intention of purchasing one.  Looks like I need a new carrier - I've been with Verizon for 10 years probably.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out, kypata. We would be heartbroken to lose you! Is the signal fluctuating in your home or is it consistently weak? Are incoming calls going right to voice mail? Many factors can affect reception in your home that may be beyond our control however I would be happy to continue troubleshooting.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Sunlover82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having and my wife also. We both have an iphone 5, mine is the 32gb hers is the 16 gb. I have contacted tech service with no help. We've had verizon for aprox 10 years. We've had service at our home not the best but never had problems with dropped calls or cutting in and out till maybe 6 months ago. Our son has a iPhone 4S with no problems and our daughter has a droid bionic with no problems. We are getting very frustrated, we have few problems anywhere else but at home. We've even had problems Outside at home keep in mind we have had verizon for years without problems but now we can't continue to pay premium prices for substandard service. As for a verizon network extender I'll try one if it's provided by verizon but I will not buy one, it's not like we just moved to a new house we've lived here for 27 years and our phones worked here for years. Our zip code is 24210. I also work at 24202 and I also experience dropped calls there as never before with verizon. Verizon has problems and either not admitting it or they are blind. Just google verizon iphone 5 dropped calls you'll see Lots of people with similar problems.

WE NEED HELP!!!!!

0 Likes
Sunlover82
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I have been having the same problems!!!

0 Likes
Manniesadie

I have had several dropped calls in the past 2 weeks.  I have never had this problem.  It is only occurring in my home.  I have noticed on occasion the phone is switching randomly to extended network.  The phone is in LTE until I connect to a phone call and it switches to 1x......Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sunlover82,

Dropped calls are a serious red flag around these parts. So we want to get to the bottom of this. Now, may I ask if these issues are predominantly indoors only that you're referring to? What did tech support advise when you spoke them? For now, please try this out, test, and share results http://vz.to/16ZnIy8 .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sunlover82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech support was supposed to start a ticket and I haven't heard anything yet but it's no better. The first person I spoke with used the textbook response may be seasonal changes leaves etc and also Verizon doesn't guarantee service indoors etc. But I've had Verizon well over 10 years and It's been working all this time till the last approximately 6 months. Another person suggested turning off LTE But it did NOT help either, the last person was supposed to have someone check the area. I just reset all the network settings as you suggested.

We have problems inside and outside both.

I'm about through with this it's getting very very annoying.

Maybe you can help.

Help me Oboe One your my only hope!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Manniesadie,

I'm sorry to hear about the dropped calls you have been experiencing. Let's get those picked up.

What zip code are you experiencing these issues in? Do the problems primarily occur indoors? The phone switching from LTE to 1x on while on a call is normal since the iPhone is not able to use data while talking on the phone.

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes