group messaging
Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

I get text from a friend on my Iphone 5 and when I reply it goes to everyone that she has sent it too.  How can I stop this?  I am ticking people off when I reply to her.  LOL

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: group messaging
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

She needs to turn off group messaging on her phone. If the message originates from you (and when she replies it goes to everyone you sent the message to) then you would need to turn group messaging off in settings. You will still be able to send group messages out...they just won't be sent like a conference message (which is what is happening when you have it on...it lets everyone in the "group" talk to each other if that makes sense).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: group messaging
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

She needs to turn off group messaging on her phone. If the message originates from you (and when she replies it goes to everyone you sent the message to) then you would need to turn group messaging off in settings. You will still be able to send group messages out...they just won't be sent like a conference message (which is what is happening when you have it on...it lets everyone in the "group" talk to each other if that makes sense).

0 Likes