can I set up my wife's new iPhone 5 w/o activating it?
mityerf

i would like to set my wife's Christmas present, a new iPhone 5s before we leave for Mexico.  Then on Christmas I want to be able to activate it when I give it to her. I can't exactly activate it now as I would have to turn off her iPhone 4 now and end up blowing the surprise.  So, can i download all her settings and so forth now while NOT activating it?  And then can I activate it from Mexico?  Note: I have the Mexico share everything plan tacked on to my current share everything plan.  Thanks in advance.

Mit

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can I set up my wife's new iPhone 5 w/o activating it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mit,
Great question.  What an awesome Christmas gift for your wife.  You can download everything on the phone by using her iCloud information on the phone.  You would not be able to activate the phone in Mexico as you will not be on Verizon Wireless coverage.  You can activate either before you after you get home from a wonderful vacation.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: can I set up my wife's new iPhone 5 w/o activating it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mit,
Great question.  What an awesome Christmas gift for your wife.  You can download everything on the phone by using her iCloud information on the phone.  You would not be able to activate the phone in Mexico as you will not be on Verizon Wireless coverage.  You can activate either before you after you get home from a wonderful vacation.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes