block all incoming calls and sms to avoid data interruption
dornbosj

It seems that on my iPhone 5 I'm unable to utilize the data network while on a voice call. While I think this is unfortunate, I'm willing to live with this inconvenience for the many great benefits of the iPhone 5 and the Verizon network. However, I'd really like a way to restrict/block all calls and sms (anything that interrupts my data connection), so I can use my phone as a reliable, uninterrupted hotspot while working. I have a softphone on my computer that I can use for voice calls, but I fear, without being able to block these calls, my softphone calls could be easily terminated at the whim of whoever decides to contact me on my mobile device.

Does anybody have any suggestions? The closest thing I've come to trying is enabling the DND mode on the iPhone, but even that only seems to work if the phone is locked. If I happen to unlock the screen, I believe I'd still be in this same situation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: block all incoming calls and sms to avoid data interruption
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dornbosj,
I understand your desire to be uninterrupted while using the hotspot. However, there is no way to block all calls/text. You can block up to 5 numbers on the Verizon Wireless site here http://vz.to/167JeEb  Also, the iPhone 5 is not compatible to use Verizon Wireless data and a voice call simultaneously. You can use wifi while on a voice call. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes